Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]

Author Topic: Hunted Magi -Turn 7  (Read 7625 times)

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Hunted Magi -Turn 6.75
« Reply #120 on: March 07, 2013, 09:55:01 am »

Gerald straightens himself up and speaks to the Knight, feeling a bit uncomfortable at the praise and pomp.

He supposed when you started fireballs around, people respected you alot more.

"You can stand up now, sir Knight-I'm not the sort of person you should be bowing to, anyway. Just a miners son.

And...right now, we're just looking to meet that Lord Jace-that's what we came here for, anyway-since all high talk of debts and honor aside, right now we're trying to keep our home of Rutsett out of this mess as best we can. Can you help us?"

“Well then, if that is your intent then I suppose the least I can do at the moment is give you information.”  He rises to his feet along with the other men somewhat unsteadily, “Lord Jace is currently in negotiations with some Counts, he’s attempting to gain support from what I gather.  Honestly I don’t know why he didn’t attempt that here, but I guess he figured since Surwall County no longer has a proper Count, that there wasn’t anyone to negotiate with.  I’d imagine he’s either in our main staging camp near the river Fairwater or in one of the surrounding Counties.  Honestly his idea was a decent one, and it’s gotten a lot of support from various groups, however the idea that someone had of liberating some of the criminal work-camps and mines was just plain terrible.  Not to mention that the same group of people decided to go ahead and tell the far northern barbarians and mercenaries that we’d be glad to equip and feed them if they fought.  Before long we found ourselves outnumbered by the criminals in our own camps and a day or two ago one of them declared himself Bandit Lord and started locking up the proper soldiers.  Some of us managed to break free but it turned out that they had poisoned the food they gave us, so anyone who ate got sick and died as I’m sure you might have noticed.  Then the fighting started and when they realized we weren’t going easily they started setting fires and robbing any of the good equipment, I managed to free a few groups of soldiers and then you lot showed up.  If none of that struck you as bad news, then what I’m about to tell you should.  Our force split up into 4 detachments of about three hundred men each and this one was the only one that had a notable number of proper soldiers in it.  I believe that the others are already attacking Rutsett with the intent of raiding it before moving on to another village.  Luckily, I think that they will not try and exterminate the people but instead just steal everything that they like, unfortunately it’s going into winter and that would leave your people with no food.  I am sure all my remaining men would be happy to help, just keep in mind that we are probably outnumbered four to one, even if all the able men of the village are fighting.”  You notice a distinct unease in his eyes, though it doesn’t seem to be from fear of death but rather that he has to be the bringer of such news.

Find me a splint good knight and ill call it even for my part, alas my tricks do not cover the mending of bones. says Jim with a pained grimace.

get a splint for my arm until such time as i can get it properly healed, try to get a little rest if possible while the others confer with Sir Erwin about recieving an audience with lord Jace.
     While the others are talking, you ask one of the soldiers who appears to be skilled in medicine if he could fashion you a splint.  Without speaking to you he rips strips of cloth from one of the nearby corpses and gathers together some half-burnt boards.  Getting you to hold your arm out straight he quickly lashes the boards together around your arm forming a protective splint.  You try a few times to speak with him but he just nods to you before finishing and quickly moving away.  It seems that except for Sir Erwin the soldiers are very uneasy of your presence, though they do seem more than willing to follow their orders.  The pouring rain makes any sort of meaningful rest near impossible, so you decide to just sit on the ground underneath a nearby tree futilely trying to find solace from the chilling rain, meanwhile you listen to the information that Sir Erwin is able to divulge.

Arm-Splinted

**as always lemme know if I missed your action or buggered something up.  As of this point I think that I am caught up on everything?
« Last Edit: March 07, 2013, 10:04:34 am by kilakan »
Nom nom nom

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: March 07, 2013, 10:41:31 am »

((Oh. Oh crap. Let’s hope it rains for a long time.))

Osgar slumped back in the chair. Dear gods… they are endless… Perhaps we can save the women and children… But perhaps we would be foolish to trust these brigands. They would slaughter us all, or worse.

He turned to the few defenders left inside to take a good look over them.

”Is anyone in charge? Can someone try to gather any of the arrows that might have made their way inside?”

He didn’t know what to do. His friends had disappeared. Ealdwine was his only hope, but he didn’t know where he’d gone. He was exhausted.

He thanked the old woman, wondered if there was any bread to be had, and tried to think. He hurt all over, but for some stupid reason didn’t want to show it.

He turned to address those soldiers who would listen to him.

”They mean to loot whilst they wait it out – they will try to starve or burn us out of here, I wager. But I cannot fight like that again. Not without rest. See if you can’t post some men to watch the four corners of the church. If they hold off for a few hours then I should be able to rest enough to be restored. Wake me the second they make a move. Or if the rain stops… If the rain stops, we need to be ready.”

Osgar didn’t see he had any other way to improve their chances of survival: he felt exhausted and powerless. He gripped the jawbone unseen and tried to sleep. After barely ten seconds he got up, a thought persistent in his mind. An aftertaste of power, perhaps. He made his way back up the church tower, asking one of the men to call him if the enemy approached. Standing in the windy darkness with the rain blowing through, he held his arms out, the jawbone in his right hand, the left hand palm open.

He mumbled something he was barely aware of, fell to his knees, carried on droning. He called on the power of the wind and the rain to come to him, to restore him, to save him.

He had no idea how a ritual to his own power might work, but he felt sure he had an affinity with the ceaseless wind and rain.

The only other thing he imagine could save them would be hoping the enemy took their time, and that the rain continued.

Still on his knees, he tried to pray to an entity he was barely aware of.

Try to perform a ritual of some kind – calling on increased mana and restored health, and the ability to protect my kinsmen.

((If you want to make the turn shorter at any time that will be ok as there are a couple of changes I would make to the above based on what might happen))

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: March 07, 2013, 10:45:02 am »

((Fair enough, I'll keep going along the lines of 'continue until something royally fucks you up, or you finish the action.'  If the rain stops and they attack I can stop when you get woken up, otherwise I'll go on.))
Nom nom nom

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: March 07, 2013, 10:55:58 am »

((Well at the moment the way I see it:
1 - The ritual drives me mad, we all die
2 - I sleep enough to fight them off a bit and then we all die
3 - The rain stops before 2 and we all die.
4 - Conceivably there is a 4th option, being that the ritual works somehow, we fight them off a bit, and then we all die.))

Narsis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Hunted Magi -Turn 7
« Reply #124 on: March 07, 2013, 05:21:54 pm »

"These brigands seem to cowards to a man, cutthroats and bandits certainly, but with no stomach for a proper fight. I would hazard a guess that the main reason they are organised is this self named Bandit King. So I suggest that instead of trying to fight off the whole mass of them, we identify this King and strike as a spear-tip, cutting down their figurehead. Then, in the ensuing confusion, we let loose with the flashiest magic we have, I would gamble that the lack of leadership combined with the average person's terror of magic should route them."   

Actions: await a final decision on the defence of Rusett. In the meantime, see if anyone has a quiver of arrows going spare.

RaijinKit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: March 07, 2013, 10:39:50 pm »

Bree remains silent for the initial part of the conversation, her vision readjusting to the sudden energy loss as well as the encroaching night. She leans against Gerald, her muscles nearly spent. Listening to the Knight speak, Bree finally cuts in as he mutters something about the odds of any incursion.

"I'm afraid I cannot be of any more help.. Cutting off their escape was difficult, to say the least." Bree frowns, a clear expression of annoyance at her condition. She sighs before looking up to Gerald, then glancing around to Marcus and Jim. "I'll find my way back to the cave.. Ruttset needs assistance, if it's not already overrun. All I ask is that someone accompany me back to the cave."

Action: Ask for a soldier to accompany me, then walk back to the cave. Once there, instruct the soldier to build a fire. Meditate with the stone in my hands as he does so.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: March 08, 2013, 12:18:18 am »

"wait up Bree ill come with you, im not gonna be much use in a fight with only one arm working.

Follow Bree to the cave and try to determine what my sword is made of en route, sit in front of said fire and place one hand around my amulet then attempt to draw energy from the cave itself and the earth beneath me, if that fails take a short nap to try and get 1 or 2 mana back before heading for the village.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2013, 05:59:51 am by Unholy_Pariah »
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: March 08, 2013, 08:23:14 am »

Gerald chanced to reach around and gently stroke Brees hair as she leaned against him, because he felt it was right.
"You've done your best, Bree. That's all anyone can ask."

He was content to just be with her, in that moment.

Do the right thing, Gerald though. He always tried to do what was right...

After a time, he nodded, rising.

"Marcus is right. We have to fight for our home. Otherwise, nothing else matters-not Kings, not Lords, not destiny. The question is, do we have anyone we could call to help, Sir Knight? Any sort of aid that could help us in time? We'll go by ourselves if we have to..." He said, hefting his hammer and placing it on his shoulder.

Action: Lead the Knights to the defense of Rutsett as soon as most of us are ready and willing.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Narsis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: March 08, 2013, 01:53:38 pm »

"I have an idea, something that might even the odds somewhat. I'll meet you guys in the village.

Actions: Head off into the woods to implement my plan.

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: March 15, 2013, 03:41:26 am »

Hopeful bump for morale?

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: March 15, 2013, 03:46:34 am »

Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: March 16, 2013, 02:41:36 am »

Sorry my last week has been absolute shit.  This weekend though, oh you are in for a lot of updates and love from me.  Not toniught though, I am drunk at the moment,
Nom nom nom
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]