Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Legend of the Five Rings anyone?  (Read 616 times)

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Legend of the Five Rings anyone?
« on: February 26, 2013, 09:13:14 pm »

Legend of the Five Rings

I've never played, so I'd be a complete novice, but I used to know people who loved and it would really like to try my hand. I've been hosting a lot of other games, but it's been years and years since I've played in a roleplaying game myself, and this is something I really want to try.

There's no local groups that play it (that I know), so getting involved in the local scene is probably a might difficult, but I know Bay12 does a lot of internet based RPGs. Does anyone here have any experience with Legend of the Five Rings, or want to play it online? I don't know if there are any Legend of the Five Rings specific internet software suites, but I'm sure some of the generic ones can handle it.

I'd love to try and get a party together, but I can't host myself.

sluissa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Legend of the Five Rings anyone?
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2013, 09:21:24 pm »

I read one of the fiction books based on the setting when I was younger. I thought it was quite good at the time, but I don't know how it would hold up today. The game itself, I've heard, tends to be very combat light, roleplay and court intrigue heavy. I always thought it would be interesting to see how it played out, but I could see how it could be tough to do it well.