Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: Free Company: Playing a Merc in the Fall From Heaven Universe.  (Read 3449 times)

racnor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Free Company: Playing a Merc in the Fall From Heaven Universe.
« Reply #45 on: March 25, 2013, 06:37:39 pm »

Attack the left flank, cutting off escape.
Compromise position: Turn the mother bear, train the babies to use pyromancy and then eat Alice.
Right, the !!☼ARMCHAIR☼!!. I forgot.

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 25, 2013, 11:39:56 pm »

"Easy boys, there's a whole lotta creakin' metal between us and them."

Create a defensive perimeter around the caravan. The merchant is the main priority.
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 26, 2013, 07:03:46 pm »

Vandras, First Squad

As the Horde of Centaurs charge down the hill, your vultures countercharge. The moment you come close to the enemy however 2 of your walkers suddnely start shivering and twitching, the pilots scream for help as they apparently have lost control. Loud screeching sounds come from somewhere within the machines as they break the charge of the Centaurs throwing them aside like childrens toys.The Panicked Centaurs don't even have a chance to react as they are cut down and burnt at the same time. Suddenly however another one of your vultures begin to shudder, you see the fuel tank for the flamethrower turn first bright red then orange and the exploding in a spectacular fireball, shrapnel cutting down a dozen centaurs and burning a few more befor ethe wreckage crushes yet another one. Meanwhile the possessed Vultures happily cut and flame away on the burnt remains of the dead centaurs, the res having already fled in terror.

1 Vulture malfunctioned and exploded
2 Vultures succumb to Daemonic Possession for the remainder of the Battle
You lost a Pilot
Vandras Crone gained Experience: Proved

Harold, Second Squad
Your Vultures meet the fleeing Centaurs, however the moment you charge everything goes wrong. The leg under one of your vultures starts shivering and suddenly breaks off, the Vulture collpasing into itself, mean while another ones power supply of refined mana overheats. The result is terrible. A massive explosion of refined pure mana wrecks the battlefield. The Centaurs are mutated beyond recognition and immediately die by the droves. The Exploding Vulture itself is simply...gone. And another of your vultures is changing...mutating- terribly. It turns out Daemonic Possession and Refined Mana Meltdowns aren't going well together. In front of you stands a full grown balor, laughing with glee as it tears apart the three or four remaining centaurs, gorging himself on their burnt flesh.

You lost 2 Pilots
One Vulture has collapsed! It's remains can be scavenged however.
One Vulture has simply vanished from existence.
One Vulture has turned into a Balor
Harald has gained Experience: Proven

Spoiler:  Company Status (click to show/hide)
Spoiler:  First Squad (click to show/hide)

Spoiler:  Second Squad (click to show/hide)
Spoiler:  Third Squad (click to show/hide)

Brood

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 26, 2013, 07:07:21 pm »

Loot the bodies, strip the collapsed vulture for parts.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2013, 07:34:03 pm by Brood »

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
  • Skippity-Bap-Pap for your soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 26, 2013, 07:32:16 pm »

Bloody hell... was the most appropriate description and a curse word in one - almost designed for such a situation.

"Vandras, you simpleton! leave the looting and surround the demon! Hutzilin, Harod, help him out. And you , people! We don't have much time, strip and take everything we can!"

Hadrianus was terrified at first, so badly the battle went. But he had to get something out of it. As his machines surrounded the Balor, he decided to speak to it.

"Hey you! Yes you. You used to be one of my machines!  You want more blood? Obey me and follow and we can see if there is something for you!"

All units, surround the demon. Try to speak to it to persuade it to work with me. Support crew is to loot the bodies and strip the shattered units for all parts they can.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2013, 07:41:33 pm by Ardas »

Brood

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: March 26, 2013, 07:39:02 pm »

Vandras looked up for a moment not moving then turned and growled at the other pilots.

"Yes Sir, get back in your vultures and do as he said pilots. "

Turning back to the caravan then he roared at the top of his lungs.

" Adept!, you and that repair crew get up here and strip that vulture for parts now or I'll strip you!! "

Move to surround the Balor with my men.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2013, 12:59:54 am by Brood »

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 26, 2013, 07:44:07 pm »

[4+1]  The Daemon laughs, it is a suprisingly charismatic laugh, as is its voice, its quite a seductive voice.

You amuse me mortal. Very well, i will follow you, Korinth is my name.

He makes a mocking bow, his dark face twisting into a grin that almost curdles your blood.

Korinth the Balor joined the Company
Loyality: Loyal

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 27, 2013, 12:56:02 am »

"All men ready to-Wait, what?"

Ally with a demon? Mercenaries...

"Captain, is this really a good idea? It'll likely turn on us the moment it thinks of a good reason. It was sealed up too, if you remember."
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Brood

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: March 27, 2013, 12:59:27 am »

Strip all the bodies of valueables and strip the broken vulture of parts.

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
  • Skippity-Bap-Pap for your soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: March 28, 2013, 03:11:04 am »

"Alright people, take what we need need and move on. The Balor goes in the back, to draw least attention."

Move out again, keep Balor in the back. Get all the loot and parts before we move out.

racnor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: March 28, 2013, 07:01:48 am »

Well, this is awkward.  How do you guy think the caravan will react to seeing a balor? If there are any Bannor in it, then Just remember that I had nothing to do with this. Still, it isn't the first time humans have made peace with a balor, and the fact that most of them are from the Clan of Embers or the Way of The Wolf suggests that most of the agreements are along these lines. Anyway, it was my vulture he took over, so I guess I had better get to know him.
Follow instructions, keeping Korinth as far back as possible. Get to know Korinth.
Compromise position: Turn the mother bear, train the babies to use pyromancy and then eat Alice.
Right, the !!☼ARMCHAIR☼!!. I forgot.

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: March 31, 2013, 10:25:43 am »

[5] Scavenging returns parts for one entire Vulture. AS you come back to the caravan the merchant is clearly agitated. he rumbles on about the balor. Not that he has something against daemons, he is a Grigori after all, but he marks out that the Hamstalfar won't take kindly to a Balor walking through their lands.

He marks out that there are only two routes towards Foxford. One is through Hamstalfar lands the other through Centaur Clan Lands.

[3] As you try and get some info out of Korinth, he merely ignores you or gives mumbled and growled answers. He really doesn't want to make friends.

Brood

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: April 04, 2013, 03:45:36 pm »

(( Bump, Uhm Ardas? We kinda need you to make a choice. ))
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]