Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Dwarf Civ is ALIVE but No Caravans  (Read 462 times)

osunightfall

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Dwarf Civ is ALIVE but No Caravans
« on: February 26, 2013, 02:08:42 am »

So I started this new fortress, but accidentally started the world in year 1 without realizing it. So after a couple of years, I suffer a catastrophe that brings me to 20 dwarves. After this I stop getting migrants, which I at first assume is due to the slaughter. But then after eight years of near constant sieges, I notice that I'm not getting dwarven caravans in autumn. "Oh great", I think, "My civ is dead." I didn't know much at the time about determining which civs are extinct. My civ was actually listed as having leaders, but I assumed "Hey, no caravan equals no civ, end of story. Must be a bug." I then decided to try and re-populate my civ from the 6 dwarves I still had left alive, which has been going okay. But now, after THIRTY-ONE years I got a wave of migrants. So I checked through the logs and not only is my civ alive, there are 120 dwarves in it. So where are my caravans? I thought this was impossible? I still get humans, elves, and goblins, but no dwarven caravans for the last 31 years. What is going on here?