Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Guardian- Suggestion Game  (Read 729 times)

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile
Guardian- Suggestion Game
« on: February 25, 2013, 10:24:58 pm »

"We need an evac! Now! They're on our tails and not letting up!"

"Rockfish 3-1! Bingo fuel! Get on board!"

"All right! We have the wounded! Rockfish 3-2, 3-3 inbound! Hold out for as long as possible!"

"RPG!"

You opened your eyes once more, the scraps of memory replaying in your head, as you tried to make sense of it all. You turned your head to see your commander, Sanya, lying asleep huddled in a corner of the abandoned office building you were in. Outside, the air was frigid, and inside wasn't much better. Sanya was fighting it, though. Wrapped in a heavy, warm blanket, you couldn't see the once-white bandages around her abdomen but you knew they were there. Sanya shivered slightly in her sleep, but if it was a dream, the blood loss, or the cold you couldn't tell. You couldn't figure out a lot recently. How the hell did you get in this building? All you know is gunfire. Gunfire, and lots of carrying.

"Poor Sanya. She's never been hit this bad. you think to yourself, wishing you could help as you watch her fidget in her sleep.
Sanya opened her eyes, slowly.
"Dimi? Dimi, that's you?"
"I'm here for you. Need something?"
"N-no. Just... a bad dream again. Dimi... Why did you carry me all this way? I shouldn't be alive..."
"Don't say that. I don't... know myself. Adrenaline just took over, I guess."
"Thank you... Dimi. It's... just us now, isn't it..."
"Yeah."

Sanya's head dropped a little, and she was quickly asleep once more.

"I'll protect you. It's all I can do anymore. It's all I have left."
You picked up your 1897 Commisar rifle, shouldered your GAR 3 assault rifle, and holstered your Beretta. Pushing the bipod out on the Commisar and looking down the high-powered scope, you watched. Waited. The only thing you could see was the crosshairs. Hearing yours and Sanya's soft breath. Feeling the metal of the Commisar. You were a god of death. Taking a deep breath, you saw the truck coming.

Your finger crept closed, millisecond by millisecond, as the sound of a subsonic round filled the air. From down the sight, you could see a red splotch where the driver once was, the three-vehicle caravan now in a panic. Counting as you pulled back the bolt. Counting 12... 15... 16? 16+.

They don't see you. You see them.
Sanya makes a soft noise in her sleep.

What is your plan?

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
There are words that make the booze plant possible. Just not those words.
Alright you two. Attempt to murder each other. Last one standing gets to participate in the next test.
DIRK: Pelvic thrusts will be my exclamation points.

jaass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Guardian- Suggestion Game
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2013, 10:36:47 pm »

Look for someone that looks like a leader or at least has someone has identifying marks that designate them as the leader. Then kill the ones that look more battle hardened after killing the leader. Then work your way down to the people who are more green. If you got them pined down and not killing anyone for couple of minutes move to a different vantage point. Bad idea didn't realize she probably took scrap metal from an RPG. Do you have any other equipment? Radio, painkillers that sort of thing. How much ammo you got and also any explosives?
« Last Edit: February 25, 2013, 10:48:35 pm by jaass »

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2013, 11:06:24 pm »

You looked to see if a leader was present. Not finding one, you backed away, checking your supplies.

You'd used up your painkillers and medkit getting Sanya stable. She had been full of shrapnel, but she was OK now. You hoped.

Your radio is busted. Even if it worked, you doubted you'd find anyone. You weren't supposed to exist, and when the operation went south, you were expected to... well, stop existing.

Looking back through the scope, you find someone who looks to be leading the recruits away from the area. Quickly sighting him in, you wait...

Pop!

The leader of the group hit the ground. Sliding the bolt back and forth, you pick off a couple more before backing away.

Did they see me? I can't risk looking back out yet.

Outside, screaming was heard. It seemed like the caravan was mostly an engineer core, who had retreated to the secondary vehicles for cover. Gunfire reported back, but it didn't seem like it landed anywhere nearby.

While you waited for the scene to calm down, you checked over Sanya. Still stable, still breathing. You took pause for a moment, seeing her as an object of beauty in a war-torn area. Ripping yourself away from the sight of her- she's your commander, damn it- you deem it safe to continue on the Commisar. Maybe you could try and move Sanya while the painkillers coursed in her veins, but you doubted that would help her heal at all. Returning to the sniper, you scoped in once more. Waiting.

Pop!

You fired again, With two bullets left in the magazine, you still didn't think you'd been spotted. You couldn't see what the enemy was doing anymore. The enemy is behind two caravan vehicles. You don't know how close they are to pinpointing you.

Plan?
Alright you two. Attempt to murder each other. Last one standing gets to participate in the next test.

jaass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2013, 11:43:37 pm »

Estimated distance away from enemy position? What type of landscape are you in? Rural or city. Do you know the intel about your mission and any fall back if the mission goes south?

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2013, 06:08:57 pm »

You're within assault rifle range, but you doubt they'd be able to hit you accurately without a good scope and a steady hand.

The landscape is interesting, as you're in the only large building, there's a second one to the right of you and the rest is light forest and parking lot.

You can't remember anything about the mission- hell, the last thing you remember is that the shopper you were on was SUPPOSED to be exfil. No fallback plans when the mission is done...

Gotdamnmiracle

• Bay Watcher
  • Or I'll cut ya to dust.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2013, 09:18:58 pm »

Find a seperate exit, some concealment, and try and visualize the positions of the enemy.
Go back see if he's there and run him over, and drink his gun!