Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Awesome historical figures/sites/entities in your worlds  (Read 940 times)

Mesa

• Bay Watcher
  • Call me River.
    • View Profile
Awesome historical figures/sites/entities in your worlds
« on: February 19, 2013, 09:47:22 am »

Yes, this is another one of those threads - but let's face it, they do deserve it to pop up from time to time, right?

Nëb Mukongkog (Greasenibbles) - a cave fish man necromancer, born in 119. (the world is 250 years old)
He was the second overlord of a cave fish man pack called Nut of Permamency. (he replaced Lalalala Larkashed in 139, who founded the said collection of outcasts in 88)

In 163, he became obsessed with his own mortality and...Well, wanted to become a necromancer. Thus, eleven years later, a human necromancer Ecen Juggledsands taught him the secrets of life and death in a (also fairly epic) tower called Domainrouted. He later taught another human (Muma Elderstempts) the secrets and became his master.
He lives up to the present day, and has written several books.

Nëb's bibliography: (year of creation-year of storage)

The Cave Fish Man, My Love (178-183)
The Pristine Bottoms and Ecen Juggledsands (196)
The Book is the Way (216)
The Outcasts: My Only Mistake (232)
Death: The Truth (232-238)
Storage: Further Musings (238)
Nëb Greasenibbles And The Doomed Distinctions (245)

So basically, a former cave fish overlord who abandoned his pack and decided to become a necromancer.
Judging by the name, I'm sure that he regretted being an outcast, which can be probably heard about in "The Outcasts: My Only Mistake".

There are many more books and a few other necromancers in the Domainrouted, but I decided to look through Nëb's history, because he was a cave fish man - hey, how many of those happen to become necromancers?

Funnily enough, there was another figure named Nëb - Nëb Exaustgu (Mopchar) - she was a serpent woman criminal, who wanted to also become a necromancer, but died of old age. Poor lady.

I might study Nëb's bibliography further along later on, but what are YOUR epic or otherwise badass figures/artifacts/entities/sites/whatever?

chevil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Awesome historical figures/sites/entities in your worlds
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2013, 12:23:46 pm »

I have a large map with 250 years of history. When I used legends viewer to look for battle sites my world was mostly peaceful. With the exception of one dwarven civ called The Celebrated Rim. They have two neighboring goblin civs one elven civ and  one human civ. The goblin civ in north The Adventurous Thief has lost six of their ten cities to the dwarves. The Midnight of Mansions to the east has been invaded continuously by dwarves and humans(The Nation of Sands is south of The Celebrated Rim) but they have been victorious in their defences. Dark Fortress called Distrustpoisons has been sieged 20 times already. And the elves in west The glimmer of Handling has had one war. The War of Boots where The Celebrated Rims was the attacers and their army had 1149 dwarves and 749 goblins. Too bad the elves had hundreds of giant jaguars, leopards and tigers and dwarves lost that war.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2013, 01:23:50 pm by chevil »