Gah, can't restart this D:

Yes
- 0 (0%)
No
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: November 05, 2010, 09:56:20 pm

Pages: 1 ... 92 93 [94]

Author Topic: Jaycraft Minecraft Server: INSERT PHOENIX ANALOGY HERE  (Read 140727 times)

Jay

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼Not Dead Yet☼
    • View Profile
Re: Jaycraft Minecraft Server: THE PHOENIX RISES AGAIN
« Reply #1395 on: December 20, 2012, 01:06:07 pm »

Tomorrow is 12/21/12.
The winter solstice.
Or perhaps you're a believer in that doomsday theory?
We might have something going on for you if you are. Come join us!
Mishimanriz: Histories of Pegasi and Dictionaries

Empty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1396 on: December 21, 2012, 05:46:49 am »

So I noticed redpower updating.

Is the map reset? Is the map reset? Is the map reset?

:P

Jay

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼Not Dead Yet☼
    • View Profile
« Reply #1397 on: December 21, 2012, 04:35:32 pm »

So I noticed redpower updating.

Look at the version number.

Then look at the version number of all our other mods.

*Sad trombone*

What's this?
« Last Edit: December 21, 2012, 05:00:21 pm by Jay »

Jay

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼Not Dead Yet☼
    • View Profile
« Reply #1398 on: December 22, 2012, 06:26:58 pm »

1.4.6.0.0 with RedPower launched!

A lot of mods are still missing, as noted on the spreadsheet.
Updates from here should be seamless, however.

Djohaal

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:Utter Insanitiy]
    • View Profile
    • My deviantart
« Reply #1399 on: December 23, 2012, 10:26:01 am »

So I found a fix for this problem:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Apparently we need to turn off marsh biomes. I though I could do a seamless transition by copypastaing the built area from one world to another, but disabling marsh biomes causes the worldgen to completely change...

EDIT: It is like a raging storm of... Updates! Twice in a day because we are all dying of treecapitator withdrawal.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2012, 08:46:49 pm by Djohaal »
I really want that one as a "when". I want "grubs", and "virgin woman" to turn into a dragon. and monkey children to suddenly sprout wings. And I want the Dwarven Mutant Academy to only gain their powers upon reaching puberty. I also have a whole host of odd creatures that only make sense if I divide them into children and adults.

Also, tadpoles.

Empty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1400 on: December 24, 2012, 11:47:19 pm »

The end is near!

All fear the Chickopocalypse!

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

dragonshardz

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:PONY:ACCEPTABLE]
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #1401 on: January 07, 2013, 08:38:53 am »

Working on a thing that will make installing Jaycraft modpack dead easy.

Who wants to overwrite Technic's "Vanilla" with Jaycraft? I do. Yay custom modpacks.

E: Looks like there's actually support for up to 3 Custom Modpacks, which is nice. Now I just need to know how to edit the modpack selector label and the title of the window when the modpack is launched.

E2: Initial testing (game loads and I can log into to Jaycraft) is promising. this is the link to the Custom ZIP file you should use (includes Optifine!). Open up your Technic Launcher, select a custom modpack (I picked the blue one), then hit "Options" and paste the provided URL into the field. Launch, enter in Jaycraft details, bam. Dead easy install of Jaycraft.

Too bad I'm banned from the Technic IRC, or I could get details on overriding the window title and modpack selection icon a bit faster.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2013, 09:12:29 am by dragonshardz »

Jay

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼Not Dead Yet☼
    • View Profile
« Reply #1402 on: January 22, 2013, 06:16:52 pm »

Update time! 1.4.7.0.0 is a go. Dynmap is down for the time being, while we work out how to keep it from keeping chunks with automation loaded and RAM-crashing the server.

Also, in the interest of transparency --
The server's analogy to a phoenix is more to do with my own interest in playing the game.
While the server was hosted on my PC, I couldn't really justify running it at all when I wasn't going to play it.
While the server was hosted on Tylui's VPS (wow, that was a long time ago), it ran until the VPS itself committed suicide (those of you who were around know I'm not even joking)
While the server was hosted on Logical2u's PC, it ran until..  uh, I don't even know. Until it was too far behind in updates because I stopped caring, I think?
In all of those cases, it went offline for large periods of time, ie burning to ashes. And then I would resurrect it when I got the urge again, ie rising from said ashes. A phoenix.

Now, it's on a different dedicated server. It can run as long as the $15 a month gets paid up, and somebody updates it.
I'm appointing Djohaal as a "co-owner", to hopefully do the latter while I'm not around.

As far as that payment goes, so far, we've been mostly funded by the generous donations of Djohaal and olemars.
I can't justify it totally out of my own pocket when I'm not even playing the game, so that essentially means that the server is donation funded. $15 a month is negligible at best when you split it among multiple people. In the todo list is ingame compensation for donation. All previous donations will be honored once it's worked out, assuming I can trace your ingame name from the donation info. I just changed the button on the website back to allow you to enter your own "purpose" -- I would advise your ingame name. To opt out of ingame compensation, use Anonymous or something.

At this point, though, I'm hoping that whole phoenix analogy can stop being Jaycraftian and just be me, because that's what it is. But I'll need your help.

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
  • Σὺν Ἀθηνᾷ καὶ χεῖρα κίνει
    • View Profile
« Reply #1403 on: January 22, 2013, 06:25:53 pm »

Too bad I'm banned from the Technic IRC, or I could get details on overriding the window title and modpack selection icon a bit faster.

???

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Jaycraft Minecraft Server: INSERT PHOENIX ANALOGY HERE
« Reply #1404 on: January 23, 2013, 01:53:38 pm »

How lasting are the maps in your server, Jay? I stopped playing in another one because I was making a ridiculously big 6x6 chunk fortress made entirely of construction foam... and I didn't even get one third done before the map was reset.

I would like to restart that project somewhere more permanent.

EDIT: And in the case the map DOES get reset... some way of preserving said project.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2013, 01:56:18 pm by Sergius »

frostshotgg

• Bay Watcher
  • It was a ruse
    • View Profile
« Reply #1405 on: January 23, 2013, 03:55:37 pm »

Unless there's some serious bug or something, this map could easily go half a year. Last map there was a bug with worldgen, and before that they were waiting on redpower to come out. Now that we have all of that, there's really no need to make a new map. Although there was a bug with chunk updates and forge and redpower wires or something, I think that was fixed.

Jay

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼Not Dead Yet☼
    • View Profile
« Reply #1406 on: January 23, 2013, 06:39:01 pm »

Although there was a bug with chunk updates and forge and redpower wires or something, I think that was fixed.
Aye, but even that didn't harm the chunks -- it just made it obnoxious to be near them. It is very fixed now.

This map will probably be going away with the 1.5 update, given that there are worldgen changes there, but I haven't the foggiest when that'll happen.
In any case, the map will be backed up and made public when it becomes necessary to move away from it on the production server, unless something corrupts it (not very likely).

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1407 on: January 23, 2013, 06:56:13 pm »

Well, wiki says 1.5 is planned for january or february, so I don't know.

Guess I'll join and go easy on the big project, unless I can convince you to do some copypasta afterward ;)

Jay

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼Not Dead Yet☼
    • View Profile
« Reply #1408 on: February 20, 2013, 04:06:32 pm »

Near as I can tell, we haven't had any activity at all for upwards of two-three weeks.
Jaycraft without Jay doesn't work, apparently. Sorry, guys.
I've posted the world as it exists right now on the spreadsheet.
The server is set to die on the 26th unless somebody happens to donate enough to keep it running for some reason.
Pages: 1 ... 92 93 [94]