Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Do immigrants bring pets from previous fort  (Read 1013 times)

paleohayduke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Do immigrants bring pets from previous fort
« on: February 15, 2013, 03:51:47 pm »

Just a simple question. If you abandon a fort, will the immigrants who come to your new one bring their pets from the old? Been looking everywhere for info on this but could not find any.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
Re: Do immigrants bring pets from previous fort
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2013, 04:19:32 pm »

Pets are semihistorical figures, being named. As such,  would think that they would be.. but that isn't a garantee.

Larix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2013, 06:03:13 pm »

Normally not.
From what i've seen, all(most?) tame animals die the moment you abandon a fort. If you visit the place with an adventurer, you'll find the skeletons and corpses of the fort's animals all over the place.

That's why the cat-lovers of an abandoned fort immigrating into a new place are a poisoned gift - they'll bring along the 'lost a pet recently' bad thought derived from all their dead cats, initiated the moment they enter the map. It can be quite annoying to have a dwarf in a young fort who's constantly on the verge of tantrumming or going insane until the unhappy thought clears out after about half a year.

paleohayduke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2013, 11:23:12 pm »

Thank you for the replies. Do your old migrants bring armor they were wearing with them to new settlements?

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2013, 11:02:52 am »

Thank you for the replies. Do your old migrants bring armor they were wearing with them to new settlements?
Yes! Be sure to grab all the gear you can before abandoning. It helps that Dwarves favour picking up the most valuable armour in priority.