Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Forgotten beast hidden lairs  (Read 771 times)

Gaybarowner

• Bay Watcher
  • [SLOW_LEARNER] [VERMIN_HATEABLE]
    • View Profile
Forgotten beast hidden lairs
« on: February 08, 2013, 10:10:43 am »

So I used the search tool for this and one
with the similar title but not what I had in mind

So basically how titans have shrines or how megabeasts make lairs forgotten beasts should have a small type of lair or nest depending on its type the lair/nest would contain its noticeable trophies basically a underground lair for forgotten beasts that you can find on embarking or  if you are in the caverns in adventure mode

might be a bad suggestion but was my thought on it

Broken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Forgotten beast hidden lairs
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2013, 11:29:28 am »

I am quite sure this is already planned.
In a hole in the ground there lived a dwarf. Not a nasty, dirty, wet hole, filled with the ends of worms and an oozy smell, nor yet a dry, bare, sandy hole with nothing in it to sit down on or to eat: it was a dwarf fortress, and that means magma.
Dwarf fortress: Tales of terror and inevitability

Di

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2013, 08:20:25 am »

They need more complex behaviour for this. And probably not every of them should take up this one.
Seems like such things would be a part of some FB expansion arc. Don't know whether there is one, but it's rather obvious to be planned, in my opinion.
Quote from: Creamcorn
Dwarf Fortress: Where you meet the limit of your imagination, moral compass, sanity and CPU processor.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=103080.0 Fix sober vampires!
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=91442.0 Dwarven Cognitive Science

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2013, 08:32:19 am »

They need more complex behaviour for this. And probably not every of them should take up this one.
Seems like such things would be a part of some FB expansion arc. Don't know whether there is one, but it's rather obvious to be planned, in my opinion.

It would require the underground to be expanded first.

As of right now the Forgotten Beasts are sort of like crawling chaos that mindlessly wanders the deep underground, a presence from when the world was young. Possitively insane and possitively malicious in their intent.

For that to meaningfully change then underground movement needs to be improved to allow movement to and from the underground as otherwise it is a pointless feature.

Gaybarowner

• Bay Watcher
  • [SLOW_LEARNER] [VERMIN_HATEABLE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2013, 12:17:47 pm »

Yea I can see that but I was saying in general they need to be expanded since now they are just like titans but with more randomized encounters