Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: TCFTS- Interest Check and OOC Thread  (Read 4511 times)

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
  • Did not so much Fall as Saunter Vaguely Downwards
    • View Profile
Re: TCFTS- Interest Check and OOC Thread
« Reply #45 on: March 27, 2013, 01:02:29 pm »

Still still a thing. *badger*
My dreams are not unlike yours - they long for the safety, and break like a glass chandelier.
But there's laughter and oh there is love, just past the edge of our fears.
And there's chaos when push comes to shove, but it's music to my ears.

Sigtext

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
  • Did not so much Fall as Saunter Vaguely Downwards
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 29, 2013, 04:41:01 am »

???
My dreams are not unlike yours - they long for the safety, and break like a glass chandelier.
But there's laughter and oh there is love, just past the edge of our fears.
And there's chaos when push comes to shove, but it's music to my ears.

Sigtext

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 29, 2013, 04:46:52 am »

Hope it not dead...

seem unlikely.
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

HailFire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 29, 2013, 11:18:33 am »

Still a thing, I've just been distracted by various other things for a bit (not the least of which is trying to keep up my obligations on other games; sorry for being slow, guys!). Unfortunately, We're still pretty much where we were the last time I posted, since two of you said you'd work on your applications and then... didn't (or at least not to the extent where I actually noticed any changes).

Fortunately, I have it on good authority that we have two more people working on applying, so the issue should resolve itself within the next day or so; and given that at I hold at least one of them in quite high regard, consider that your last warning.  :P

ED: I should also probably consider changing the topic's name at some point, but oh well. :P
« Last Edit: March 29, 2013, 11:21:19 am by HailFire »
[22:59] <apotheoseGrifter> COMMIT SUDOKU ALL NIGHT LONG FUCK YEAH
[18:14] <The_Gamemaster> I am here.
[18:14] <The_Gamemaster> I am always here.
[18:15] <The_Gamemaster> I have always been here, and I always will be here. I am the alpha and the omega, the beginning and the end.

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
  • Skippity-Bap-Pap for your soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 29, 2013, 06:27:53 pm »

Finally, my app is here, for all its worth. I'm awaiting a solid judgment.

Antagrias, the Empty One

Physical Appearance: 7 foot tall, gaunt humanoid, with grey skin, wrapped in what appears to be beggar's clothes or an equally ragged piece of fabric. The face, bearing aquiline nose, small narrow jaw, and pencil-thin lips is strained, showing a lot of pain and effort and general tiredness, with many ridges, scars and wrinkles. The exception are deep-set eyes, alive and glowing green. He is bald and completely hairless and does not seem to show much physical strength at first glance due to his morphological orientation towards energy conservation.

General Personality: Constantly preoccupied with his preservation, in general hungry for energy to sustain himself. Unconcerned with others, almost ignoring them either to avoid being contacted and seen or to preserve his energy. Tends to be straightforward and honest if satiated, but without friendliness to it. Power motives are alien to his psyche, seeing everything in context of energy to be secured and preserved for his sustenance. With barebones psyche reduced to preservation instinct, there is a tendency to take on and adopt higher mental traits of the energy absorbed (fire- temperamental, earth - steadfast and stubborn, etc.) in order to exist socially and interact with the world at large. 

Spoiler: Archagent:Mahrv (click to show/hide)

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: March 30, 2013, 06:22:03 am »

I need more info on harpies to make my application.

Half-bird half-human can have many different setups... And there are many different harpies in different settings...  What bodyparts do they have?
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

HailFire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 30, 2013, 12:32:05 pm »

Half-bird half-human can have many different setups... And there are many different harpies in different settings...  What bodyparts do they have?

I'm actually delighted you asked, because it took me a bit to realize that their physical description hadn't made it into the summary, and I couldn't think of a good way to break it to scap.  :P

As originally envisioned, they have mostly human bodies, but with hollow bones; feathered, digitigrade legs ending in large talons; and huge wings in place of arms (as back/shoulder mounted wings wouldn't be able to properly exploit the back and chest muscles). Despite the lack of actual hands per se (which I'm sure is what you were inquiring about), their talons are extremely dexterous, and they're fully capable of crafting tools and weaving; they typically fight with nets, spears, and bows.

Hopefully that doesn't ruin them for you!  :P
[18:15] <The_Gamemaster> I have always been here, and I always will be here. I am the alpha and the omega, the beginning and the end.

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 30, 2013, 12:49:14 pm »

I'm actually delighted you asked, because it took me a bit to realize that their physical description hadn't made it into the summary, and I couldn't think of a good way to break it to scap.  :P

As originally envisioned, they have mostly human bodies, but with hollow bones; feathered, digitigrade legs ending in large talons; and huge wings in place of arms (as back/shoulder mounted wings wouldn't be able to properly exploit the back and chest muscles). Despite the lack of actual hands per se (which I'm sure is what you were inquiring about), their talons are extremely dexterous, and they're fully capable of crafting tools and weaving; they typically fight with nets, spears, and bows.

Hopefully that doesn't ruin them for you!  :P
I wrote Clair with that sort of harpy in mind.
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.

HailFire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: March 30, 2013, 01:06:00 pm »

I imagine you'd have to be extremely talented to win an arm-wrestling match with no arms.  :P
« Last Edit: March 30, 2013, 01:09:00 pm by HailFire »

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: March 30, 2013, 01:08:48 pm »

I imagine you'd have to be extremely talented to win an arm-wrestling match with no arms.  :P
[/quote]Put the bend of the wing on the table, Grab their hand with talon. Win.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: March 30, 2013, 01:47:11 pm »

Physical Appearance
A giant oak with a golden bark and unusually bright green leaves. It has numerous eyes on the trunk and numerous human-like eyes on it's trunk and thickest branches. Can use it's roots as giant tentacles but otherwise is as immobile as a tree should be

But that's how it will look in the future, for now it's nothing but a golden acorn capable of telepathic communication

General personality
Phlegmatic, calm, non-aggressive, cautions, Introvert. Prefers to be left alone. Cares a little about wellbeing off mortals and sees it's mission in fighting destructive forces, especially the ones that are dangerous for life as a whole.Believes in natural selection, as long as live itself isn't destroyed it doesn't care what will happen with individuals. For example if some mortal would burn down a forest and create fields on it's places it will be viewed as a simple change from one lifeform to another, but if the same mortal would destroy forests and turn that area into a lifeless desert that would be revenged

Views it's followers like his limbs, tools, symbiotes, necessary for self defense.

Archagent: Briasha

Appearance:  One very unusual harpy. Tall, delicate, feminine, gorgeous. Bronze skin, black hair and magnificent gray wings. But one problem exists, all that beauty is hidden behind a layer of dirt covering the girl

Personality&bio: Once she was the best warriors of her clan, but bow she is nearly  mad, she is afraid of everything and wants to be left alone and mourn her lost love. Yes, she one of the few Harpies that fell in love. That human was way more than food or mate... but as it often happens it ended badly, her sisters tortured and consumed her love before her eyes despite Briasha's begging to not do that. Then she revenged and killed off the whole clan, and flew away into wilderness to live alone, to feed upon simple hunting... Slowly she degraded from a mighty warriores to a forest beast that terrorized local wildlife with it's talons, abandoning all spear skills she ever had

One day she found a strange shiny acorn that talked to her and promised divine power in exchange for protection, power she needed to bring back her love

Profession:Hermit, hunter, warrior
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]