Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: The most evil map ever.  (Read 2246 times)

Sir Ratburge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
The most evil map ever.
« on: February 08, 2013, 08:06:00 pm »

This may have been asked before, I apologize for not looking harder if there is a post out there.

I recently tried playing a fortress on haunted ground, it was really 'fun' ... Im talking about pets dying, destroying owners who then come back as zombies and then  basically destroying my entire fort which of course i tried to reclaim only to be slaughtered yet again, tried again only to be greeted by more zombies. Anyways!

I have played around with the custom world parameters but cant get a result at all - I want to make a world that is basically only haunted and evil (purple squares everywhere!), is this possible? upon world generation I keep running into messages like 'other races need places that aren't savage to generate'

Liber celi

• Bay Watcher
  • council does your hair
    • View Profile
Re: The most evil map ever.
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2013, 08:18:18 pm »

There are two qualities of regions, savagery and... let's call it morality. Good vs. Bad.
Evil Regions are Sinister(low Savagery), haunted(medium Savagery) and Terrifying(high savagery).

Goblins are the only race that can start in evil regions. No race starts in savage regions.

You will need some neutral moutains for dwarves, neutral/good forests for elves, and neutral hills/plains for men. I am not sure if goblins need evil mountains or have a little more flexibility. Kobolds survive basically everything. Try adjusting the options and lower the number of civs.

vjek

• Bay Watcher
  • If it didn't work, change the world so it does.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2013, 08:52:24 pm »

This produces completely evil worlds (entirely purple!) except for one small mountainous area for the dwarves to make the mountainhome.
There are no other non-goblin civs.  If you want that too, it becomes more complicated.

Spoiler: worldgen (click to show/hide)

Helgrin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2013, 08:53:05 pm »

Kobolds survive basically everything.
If you set the number of caves and mountain caves to zero, there are no Kobold civs. I'm not sure if there are no kobolds at all though.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2013, 09:34:25 pm by Helgrin »

Sutremaine

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:ATROCITY: PERSONAL_MATTER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2013, 09:02:30 pm »

Go for Terrifying over Haunted. Savage evil means swarms of giant raven corpses, and bug corpses bigger than water buffalo.

If I want a world with lots of savagery or evil, I start with a moderately high figure and check out the resulting world. If it generated with no or few late-gen rejects, I go back and regen it with the savagery or evil tweaked upwards. Eventually that particular world will be rejected, and at that point you can either tweak the settings down or see if it'll give you another world.

The 'alignment' of an area is something that's painted over it after the terrain itself has been generated -- if you gen a world with some evil and some savagery and then go back and change those to 0 and regen, you'll get a world that has its mountains, forests, rivers etc. in the same place as they were before (but see below). History will be different though.

This is best done with the initial gen getting 0 rejects, because if any worlds in the initial gen were rejected on alignment grounds alone then they'll be accepted once everything is unaligned.
I am trying to make chickens lay bees as eggs. So far it only produces a single "Tame Small Creature" when a hen lays bees.
Honestly at the time, I didn't see what could go wrong with crowding 80 military Dwarves into a small room with a necromancer for the purpose of making bacon.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2013, 05:52:10 am »

This produces completely evil worlds (entirely purple!) except for one small mountainous area for the dwarves to make the mountainhome.
There are no other non-goblin civs.  If you want that too, it becomes more complicated.

Spoiler: worldgen (click to show/hide)

HURRICANE EVIL D:

codyorr

• Bay Watcher
  • Alcohol is how I make DF more !!FUN!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2013, 09:21:01 am »

I laugh in the face of evil... then die.
A rotting horse corpse since 201. !!DRUNK FORTRESS!!

Sir Ratburge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2013, 12:09:40 pm »

Lol Excellent Vjek, the most evil map I have ever seen thanks  :D