Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Pre-Generated Worlds  (Read 1041 times)

DethBrand

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Pre-Generated Worlds
« on: March 12, 2013, 02:21:37 pm »

I was wondering if there was a place that people could download pregenerated worlds?
My machine is pretty good, no where near top of the line, but even it seems to have trouble generating large maps with a short history.
I normally don't try to make large maps, but after reading that you will be able to retire forts to play adventurer mode and then be able to play the fort again once the adventure is over I wanted to make one gigantic map and see what sort of history I could make for it.

krenshala

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Pre-Generated Worlds
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2013, 02:32:41 pm »

If your system takes a while to do world gen, start one just before you go to bed and it should be done by time you get up in the morning.
Quote from: Haspen
Quote from: phoenixuk
Zepave Dawnhogs the Butterfly of Vales the Marsh Titan ... was taken out by a single novice axedwarf and his pet war kitten. Long Live Domas Etasastesh Adilloram, slayer of the snow butterfly!
Doesn't quite have the ring of heroics to it...
Mother: "...and after the evil snow butterfly was defeated, Domas and his kitten lived happily ever after!"
Kids: "Yaaaay!"

Bavette

• Bay Watcher
  • The last of the great mountain giants.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2013, 03:53:23 pm »

If your system takes a while to do world gen, start one just before you go to bed and it should be done by time you get up in the morning.
This.
I have the same problem in my laptop. Never played anything over 130 years old (like some sort of map pedobear), but I tried running a 1050 years long map once. Since nothing really FUN came out of it I dropped the idea. There was one map of mine that reached the Age of Dwarves and another that reached the Age of Elves, but who wants to play in THAT?
"What is a dwarf? A miserable pile of !FUN!?"

Babylon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2013, 04:33:29 pm »

This looks like what you are looking for.

http://dffd.wimbli.com/category.php?id=14

DethBrand

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2013, 06:28:01 pm »

Thanks. =)

It's not even the time it takes to generate a world, I normally watch videos when it's generating anyway. It's just with a lot of civs & sites it freezes on me sometimes even with 8gb of ram and above normal priority on my cpu even tho anything else I might be running at the time like Planetside 2 still runs as smooth as it does without DF generating a world in the background. =/

dirty foot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2013, 06:25:37 pm »

...and another that reached the Age of Elves, but who wants to play in THAT?
Someone looking for a world ready for some killin'.