Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Dwarf Fortress Stockpile Problems!  (Read 1063 times)

Doctor Blood

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube
Dwarf Fortress Stockpile Problems!
« on: January 24, 2013, 01:26:31 am »

Ok so this has happened a few times now. When ever I take down a wall almost everything in my stockpile gets teleported to where the first piece of wall was taken down. So if my dwarf takes a piece of wall down where the wood ended up, 80% of my stockpiles gets put there.
Help?
Jumping into a waterfall to get water is Spectacular.

Necrisha

• Bay Watcher
  • 0.0 0.o o.0 o.o -.- zzzZ
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Fortress Stockpile Problems!
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2013, 01:46:51 am »

Are you playing any mods? A little background information about the version would be helpful. Though I personally have no clue how that could come about.
EDIT: Keas restricted to tropical forests where they belong.  Those evil, EVIL, foul little things.

Edit: The baby murderer became a friend of the fortress, which started a loyalty cascade, and now most of the squad is dead.

hiroshi42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2013, 01:47:04 am »

Tis a known bug.  The only help I can give is to not be removing (C)onstructed things near stockpiles.
'Your' jetpack was last seen attached to a nuclear powered science tank on Mars.
It's faster to write "!!science!!" than any of the synonyms: "mad science", "dwarvern science", or "crimes against the laws of god and man".

Doctor Blood

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2013, 01:59:36 am »

Lazy Newb Pack is the mod I'm using.
Jumping into a waterfall to get water is Spectacular.

Nuoya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2013, 03:12:24 am »

Just a glitch that just is. I don't know of any direct fix for it. Now the more important question, can this be weaponized in some way?

Necrisha

• Bay Watcher
  • 0.0 0.o o.0 o.o -.- zzzZ
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2013, 03:47:17 am »

I think that could be possible with the proximity of a ramp and shear drop.
EDIT: Keas restricted to tropical forests where they belong.  Those evil, EVIL, foul little things.

Edit: The baby murderer became a friend of the fortress, which started a loyalty cascade, and now most of the squad is dead.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2013, 03:55:34 am »

"Dont MAKE me dismantle this wall Mr Goblin!"

"Oh yeah, Urist McChild? What's that going to accomplish? There's no magma there, no water, no ceiling--- what are.."

*Wall removed*

!!*SLADE BOULDERS TELEPORT!*!!

"Told you so, Mr Goblinpants!"

TruePikachu

• Bay Watcher
  • Accomplished System Administrator
    • View Profile
    • cDusto (my personal server)
« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2013, 04:06:14 am »

http://www.bay12games.com/dwarves/mantisbt/view.php?id=5994

Known bug, there is a binary patch availible to fix it.
He likes Pokémon, composing ≡«☼characters☼»≡, Windows for its compatability, Linux for its security, and Pikachu for its electric capabilities. When possible, he prefers to consume pasta. He absolutely detests Apple.

Larix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2013, 07:51:15 am »

It can be utilised, but not reasonably weaponised - the items are yanked to the location of the dwarf doing the deconstruction, and a dwarf has to stand on a solid floor to deconstruct something. Haven't tried it with ramps/stairs yet, but any 'offensive' use would mean the deconstructing dwarf would be the first and typically only one to get hit.

You can utilise the bug to move forbidden items without explicitly allowing them, to compact the corpses on your refuse pile without abusing atomsmashing or to shift misplaced single-plot stockpiles. It's a bit of a hassle to organise, but allows you to move practically unlimited amounts of items, at fairly short range.

trekkie5249

• Bay Watcher
  • Phaser Rifleman
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2013, 05:32:14 pm »

Funny, I've never had any problems...
The only problem with The Next Generation was Wesley never had a terrible airlock or engineering bay related accident that left just slush.

Hyndis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 24, 2013, 06:04:51 pm »

It can be used to move objects through walls. An object can be moved from a hazardous tile to a safe tile where it can be hauled away by a dwarf.