Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: I miss Dwarven Syrup Roasts  (Read 2439 times)

Tevish Szat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:diabolical schemes]
    • View Profile
Re: I miss Dwarven Syrup Roasts
« Reply #15 on: January 23, 2013, 05:03:37 pm »

Make a custom stockpile that accepts only Dwarven Syrup, takes from all your other stockpiles that might have syrup, and Gives to a particular kitchen.  That kitchen will now only use materials in the dwarven syrup stockpile when possible.  Set it to Cook Lavish Meal/R and you should have dwarven syrup roasts soon enough.

You need at least one solid food item. And they will use -ALL of the solids before the syrup. So unless you want to drop something for every single roast, one at a time...
You could have a 1x1 stockpile for a specific type of solid (Whip Vine Flour?) set to take from other food stockpiles and give to the same kitchen, with 0 barrels/bins allowed?  it might slow your production, but delicious syrup roasts may well re-emerge.
A medium-sized humanoid fond of fantasy and science-fiction.

Tevish Szat likes books, computers, board games, and cats for their aloofness. When possible, he prefers to consume hamburgers and macaroni and cheese. He needs caffeine to get through the working day.

Hans Lemurson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: I miss Dwarven Syrup Roasts
« Reply #16 on: January 23, 2013, 06:28:59 pm »

That's what I did in an experimental fort where I decided that everybody should be fed on Rock-Nut press-cakes/Oil.

I have two 2-tile stockpiles that Give to the kitchen, neither with barrels/bins, one storing press-cakes, one storing jugs of oil.  Each Roast uses 2 oil and 2 cakes, and the oil/cake ratio is preserved.  (I had initially intended to export the oil, but found to my disappointment that the jugs were worth vastly more than the oil they contained.)

The only difficulty is that it takes longer to re-stock the kitchen's input piles than it takes to mince the oil for the roast, so I can't set the kitchen on repeat, and each roast is only 4 food.  Using the Manager works but results in frequent cancel-spam.  I should probably try 2 kitchens so that one's input refills while the other is worked.
Foolprooof way to penetrate aquifers of unlimited depth.  (Make sure to import at least 10 stones for mechanisms)
Toughen Dwarves by dropping stuff on them.  (Nothing too heavy though, and make sure to wear armor.)
"Urist had a little lamb
whose feet tracked blighted soot.
And into every face he saw
his sooty foot he put."
Pages: 1 [2]