Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: help new  (Read 1087 times)

Freshmaniscoolman

• Bay Watcher
  • Internecivus raptus
    • View Profile
help new
« on: January 20, 2013, 02:42:48 pm »

Whenever I add a new task to my carpenter's workshop noone goes and does it, why?

Numeroid

• Bay Watcher
  • Back after a long hiatus.
    • View Profile
Re: help new
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2013, 02:53:43 pm »

First, make sure you have a dwarf with the Carpenter labor enabled. After you've done that, make sure your Carpenter can actually walk to the workshop. I suppose you should also make sure you have wood.

Spaghetti7

• Bay Watcher
  • Steam ID: wavy shapes dude
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2013, 02:54:11 pm »

Has your carpenter got any other jobs? For example, mine are always woodcutters too and they might be spending time doing that before they can get round to their bed making, or whatever it is.
That's nothing. I had something mate with a pile of dead meat.

Freshmaniscoolman

• Bay Watcher
  • Internecivus raptus
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2013, 02:59:23 pm »

This fort ended. I was bored so I assigned a meeting place in a small area and they all went there, I closed the doors and there was only a fisher out there fishing along with 2 cats, I have assigned all the animals (except the 2 cats) into one little cage. Sooner I expected them to be angry and start hitting each other or something but they didn't, so I used dfhack to place magma.

SRD

• Bay Watcher
  • Who the hell do you think I think you are?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2013, 04:35:04 pm »

So you don't know how to make a carpenter workshop work and yet you have dfhack? I thought making beds was like the first thing you learn, dfhack is like the #1673th right after how to disarm caged goblins.
Quote from: LoneTophat
EDIT: HOW DO I STOP THE BLEEDING!
SUPEREDIT: Nevermind. Bled to death ._.

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
  • [SPHERE:VERMIN][LIKES_FIGHTING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2013, 07:02:36 pm »

So you don't know how to make a carpenter workshop work and yet you have dfhack? I thought making beds was like the first thing you learn, dfhack is like the #1673th right after how to disarm caged goblins.

Eh. The new generation is even crazier than the old one, sometimes. Must be lazy newb pack.

Just go and read the wiki, it's practically required to learn the game unless you are a genius.

Freshmaniscoolman

• Bay Watcher
  • Internecivus raptus
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2013, 02:02:18 pm »

No, I was using Masterwork.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2013, 02:04:06 pm »

No, I was using Masterwork.

Just makes this even more relevant:
Eh. The new generation is even crazier than the old one, sometimes.
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

Freshmaniscoolman

• Bay Watcher
  • Internecivus raptus
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2013, 02:05:43 pm »

Yet Naryar joined in 2011, hmmph.

Necrisha

• Bay Watcher
  • 0.0 0.o o.0 o.o -.- zzzZ
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2013, 02:09:41 pm »

The question is of course how long he'd been lurking before hand.
EDIT: Keas restricted to tropical forests where they belong.  Those evil, EVIL, foul little things.

Edit: The baby murderer became a friend of the fortress, which started a loyalty cascade, and now most of the squad is dead.

codyorr

• Bay Watcher
  • Alcohol is how I make DF more !!FUN!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 21, 2013, 05:36:06 pm »

I've only been playing this game since 2010. I learn something new every time I play. It seems that way anyhow. Yeah, the wiki is the only way to play the game. Sometimes my satellite goes down and I can't play... or at least survive.
A rotting horse corpse since 201. !!DRUNK FORTRESS!!

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 21, 2013, 05:41:59 pm »

Oh yes.. the wiki is indespensible.   Used it a lot back in my own tooth cutting days, back in .40d

Oh, so long ago it seems.....  I almost wonder if we should do a retro-fortress challenge, by mandating a really old version of DF, just to see if our btter players can still grok the old ways of doing things.

SRD

• Bay Watcher
  • Who the hell do you think I think you are?
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 21, 2013, 08:41:18 pm »

"First time playing, dunno how to make a bed... FUCK THIS SHIT, TIME TO GET A MOD"
Quote from: LoneTophat
EDIT: HOW DO I STOP THE BLEEDING!
SUPEREDIT: Nevermind. Bled to death ._.

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
  • [SPHERE:VERMIN][LIKES_FIGHTING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 22, 2013, 07:33:07 am »

Yet Naryar joined in 2011, hmmph.

Been playing this game since the 40d days. Don't remember when I started playing DF.

So you've been here since a year ? I thought you were new, considering this thread's title.

"First time playing, dunno how to make a bed... FUCK THIS SHIT, TIME TO GET A MOD"

lol yeah

Oh yes.. the wiki is indespensible.   Used it a lot back in my own tooth cutting days, back in .40d

Oh, so long ago it seems.....  I almost wonder if we should do a retro-fortress challenge, by mandating a really old version of DF, just to see if our btter players can still grok the old ways of doing things.

yeah, I remember I could barely feed my dwarves back then. Now i'm swimming in meat in every single fort.

Not to mention the superdwarvenly agile, tough, and strong dwarves.