Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]

Author Topic: Football  (Read 4268 times)

Jervill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Football
« Reply #60 on: February 05, 2013, 02:33:42 pm »

Same here, MZ.  It's just so hard to find 9 players for each team...of course, softball would probably be better just for fun simply because the ball is easier to hit. :P

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: February 05, 2013, 02:48:52 pm »

It does make tactical sense, especially on kick returns, but it's also a good way to get someone killed. That's why the NFL outlawed any wedge of three men or more.

I was a jack of all trades. Played mostly corner and safety, returned kicks and punts, was the backup kicker and punter, was used sparingly as a wide reciever, and they put me at fullback occasionally when they wanted me to maul someone by surprise. (I was invisible behind the line of scrimmage, so d-linemen and linebackers literally had no idea what hit them.)
So before you were facepunching, you were invisi-blocking?

EDIT:
Spoiler: Also, relevant. (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: February 05, 2013, 03:49:40 pm by RedKing »

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: February 05, 2013, 05:10:08 pm »

Kickball, which follows the same rules as baseball, is much better for me. The ball's a bigger target and I don't have to swing a bat at a tiny target that moves way too fast.  :P

they put me at fullback occasionally when they wanted me to maul someone by surprise. (I was invisible behind the line of scrimmage, so d-linemen and linebackers literally had no idea what hit them.)
That's downright terrifying.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2013, 06:49:10 pm by Barbarossa TSG »

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]