Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: I found my first bug!  (Read 958 times)

elwessweettea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
I found my first bug!
« on: January 08, 2013, 10:53:16 pm »

Of course, it's in 40d, and nobody else plays 40d anymore, but... I think I found a bug and I've never read about it on the forums!!! It seems that after 18 children, the titles wrap around and the 18th child is magically the Eldest Son, the 19th is Eldest Daughter, etc. (as appropriate for gender). Check it out at http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=7290 --- Besmar Thocitcatten has 19 children, and they wrap around. Whoa.

(It also shows up in the sisters/brothers of Besmar's older children; and Stukos Kessodel, one of the children of Besmar, has a "Second Eldest Daughter" who is a child, but all her other children (both younger and older, as listed) are still babies...)

I FOUND A BUG! WHOOOO!!! </celebrating>

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
Re: I found my first bug!
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2013, 11:06:24 pm »

Well, too bad it's not going to get fixed :P

elwessweettea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2013, 11:09:46 pm »

...has anyone with the latest version ever had a dwarf with 18+ children to verify that it doesn't exist anymore? :P

Sizik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2013, 03:26:19 am »

This happens when children die or are kidnapped; their age doesn't get updated. Goden is dead, and Urvad was kidnapped (you can even zoom to his last map location from the relationships menu).

As for Stukos's children, her eldest daughter died as a baby, and her second eldest daughter, who is the child, is older than the eldest son, even though he's listed before her.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2013, 03:39:30 am by Sizik »
Skyscrapes, the Tower-Fortress, finally complete!
Skyscrapes 2, repelling the zombie horde!

elwessweettea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2013, 08:04:17 am »

Shucks, and here I thought I found something novel :((((( thanks!

Sizik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2013, 11:32:58 pm »

Something I just found: It seems that the game only counts to ten same-sex siblings before just calling them daughter/son, so it goes tenth eldest son, son, son, . . . , son, youngest son.
Skyscrapes, the Tower-Fortress, finally complete!
Skyscrapes 2, repelling the zombie horde!