Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: A Noobs LP?  (Read 760 times)

Azorian

• Bay Watcher
  • Failure is no option,it comes bundled with Windows
    • View Profile
A Noobs LP?
« on: January 15, 2013, 12:41:02 pm »

I was thinking of doing something like a bloodline game, or just a journal of a fort that Im going to start real soon. It'll be me, the noob, writing a journal as an expedition leader.

The hope is that it will serve as a a slight guide not really on HOW to play, but the strategies of other players. I wont go into detail of how to set up a stone stockpile, but say that i set one up, as an example.

The twist, is that it will kind of be a different guide for players who have some experience, but want to learn more. The fort will actually be built based upon the responses I get in the forums. For example. "Year 2. Granite. Urist McHunter was out the other day, and he came back reporting giant honey badgers outside the entrance. I am unsure as to how to deal with them, so I am sending a letter to the councils of the mountainhomes to ask of their advice" After that, those who are willing to give their advice on the current situation, will post a response, or "letter" to the "expedition leader" (which is me) My goal is to teach players different strategies and to get a feel for what can happen in the game. It will include screenshots, and hastefully drawn renditions of things that may happen.

Please let me know your thoughts and feelings on this project, so that I know to go through with it or not.

The overall goal here is to provide some-what of a guide for new players, but have it presented in a different kind of way. IE instead of just throwing them information, show it to people in an artful, fun way.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2013, 12:44:33 pm by Azorian »

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
Re: A Noobs LP?
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2013, 01:04:15 pm »

Sounds good.
Start it up.
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

Yuli Vlasi

• Bay Watcher
  • Eggs is Doom
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2013, 01:24:24 pm »

"Year 2. Granite. Urist McHunter was out the other day, and he came back reporting giant honey badgers outside the entrance. I am unsure as to how to deal with them, so I am sending a letter to the councils of the mountainhomes to ask of their advice"
After several weeks of waiting you finally recieve an answer from the mountain homes. While you are unfolding the paper your hands tremble as 
you realize that what is inscribed on the scroll is ancient knowledge, passed on from generation to generation since the beginning of time.

You unfold the scroll
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Take command. Lead your men. Hide in booze stockpile. Weep, and everyone weeps with you.
Maybe we could export Yuli: "Succession fortress too stable? Too boring? Just get our Yuli VlasiTM!"

Azorian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2013, 01:30:30 pm »

"Year 2. Granite. Urist McHunter was out the other day, and he came back reporting giant honey badgers outside the entrance. I am unsure as to how to deal with them, so I am sending a letter to the councils of the mountainhomes to ask of their advice"
After several weeks of waiting you finally recieve an answer from the mountain homes. While you are unfolding the paper your hands tremble as 
you realize that what is inscribed on the scroll is ancient knowledge, passed on from generation to generation since the beginning of time.

You unfold the scroll
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Precisely, so do you guys think its a good idea?

Yuli Vlasi

• Bay Watcher
  • Eggs is Doom
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2013, 02:28:49 pm »

Yeah.
Take command. Lead your men. Hide in booze stockpile. Weep, and everyone weeps with you.
Maybe we could export Yuli: "Succession fortress too stable? Too boring? Just get our Yuli VlasiTM!"

MDFification

• Bay Watcher
  • Hammerer at Law
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2013, 03:53:37 pm »

Apply magma.
Anyway if you make this a bloodlines I'd be down to play, having sufficient noobiness.

Azorian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2013, 04:41:38 pm »

Im thinking of having it all be LP/Guide/Succession game. Already created the first few posts in "HoleVirgins - A Noobs tale an guide"