Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: [MOD] Magic Mod V0.1.1  (Read 16302 times)

Valkun

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [MOD] Magic Mod V0.1.1
« Reply #30 on: June 16, 2009, 10:24:04 pm »

This mod is on hiatus until further notice.  It may be weeks or months before the mood strikes me again.   

SolarShado

• Bay Watcher
  • Psi-Blade => Your Back
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 18, 2009, 02:25:04 pm »

Major BUMP for AWESOME.

I've been playing a fort with this mod off and on for about a month, I guess, and let me say, it's AWESOME. I do have a few comments:

Master Death (Small animal), only worked when I used the Gluttony II - Attract mountain cow spell to make vermin that weren't in a cage ot trap. Also a bit of an exploit there, as you can use 2 gluttony spells to make infinite purring maggots from nothing.
Death III: Summon death familiar, doesn't seem to work.

I love the interplay between the Spheres, like the Gluttony Glowing Fungus > Mountain cow > Death 3 research. Also Experience 1 Junk Stone > Junk Metal > Death 2(?) Anmate metal (which IIRC is equal to Iron, but the only input it 2 bone stacks and time)

And, of course Flame 1's Livefire Oil... (tallow > charcoal) Ties the animal and smithing industried toghether. You can also use Gluttony 1 - Summon Tasteless Gruel for fat-from-nothing.

The only Level 3 I've managed to make it to is Death, the other 3 spheres are still at tier 2. LOADS of fun. My only regret is not having magma... then I could get infinite-fire-gems-from-nothing...

I would appreciate a list of reagents for each spell tho. I'd even make it for you if you want.

Any idea when we'll get the next version? I'll play for sure.

EDIT: I found it's hell to get the dwarves to actually equip any of the added wepons, although to be honest I've never haggled with the military much anyway. I play with a low pop-cap.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2009, 02:30:49 pm by SolarShado »
Avid (rabid?) Linux user. Preferred flavor: Arch

SolarShado

• Bay Watcher
  • Psi-Blade => Your Back
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 10, 2010, 10:15:57 pm »

NECRO'D!
Also, double post  :P

This is still the only mod I've used (aside from a little tinkering myself). Any chance of someone upgrading it for 0.31 compatibility? If I had a clue about the new RAWs I'd give it a try myself...

Keuran

• Bay Watcher
  • not made of spiders
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 11, 2010, 01:14:20 am »

I'm working on updating it right now, it might be a bit unbalanced compared to other weapons (too powerful or too weak, depending on if you have the balanced weapons mod), but I'll see if I can clean it up a bit after fixing the essential parts of the code. It seems like a really cool mod, though having 5 versions of every experience sphere weapon makes fixing that part really repetitive.

I'm mostly doing this for the modding experience, and I hope Valkun doesn't have any problem with me porting his mod to 0.31.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2010, 01:16:55 am by Keuran »

SolarShado

• Bay Watcher
  • Psi-Blade => Your Back
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 11, 2010, 01:18:35 am »

Cool ;D

Also: Awesome!

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 11, 2010, 03:45:43 am »

This mod will become 100times better when we will be able to actually make and apply poisons to our weapons. Poisons are in, now just to wait until we can soak our weapons in them.

By the fact that my answer is first in this thread and it had a positive nature, you may already guess that I totally endorse recreation of this idea and this mod.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Keuran

• Bay Watcher
  • not made of spiders
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 11, 2010, 05:52:37 pm »

I've finished almost everything except the reactions and the last living weapon. I added a library workshop to run the reactions, and removed the training weapons because they're already in vanilla. I'll see about coming up with something to replace them.

I'm trying to figure out how to make heat and cold weapons work, temperatures seem to have been nerfed because the elf test subjects have been able to wear [MAT_FIXED_TEMP:65535] armour and use [MAT_FIXED_TEMP:0] weapons and not be affected at all by it, I may need to institute a fix to make peoples' hair ignite easier.
I also have an idea for a poison ranged weapon, some poison arrows that are made in a low fixed temp quiver and explode into gas when fired.

I also made a library to handle the reactions. It might hit the soap maker bug, but hopefully it should reduce clutter in the smelter.

Axecleaver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 07, 2010, 03:50:08 pm »

Amazing stuff!

I've finished almost everything except the reactions and the last living weapon.
I also have an idea for a poison ranged weapon, some poison arrows that are made in a low fixed temp quiver and explode into gas when fired.

Death -> Tier II
  • Create Ghastly Nightslade - Summon seeds of a bush that matures throughout the fall and winter.
  • Prepare Iradum - Create a deadly poison from harvested nightslade.
  • Forge Poisoned Keris - Forge a wavy blade capable of delivering a painful slash.

Death -> Tier III
  • Poison Metal Bolts - Dip crossbow bolts in deadly poison.

Did you get the poison thing to work?
If so, would you please explain how you accomplished poisoned weapons?
I know a lot of DF fans have been itching for this.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2010, 07:02:55 pm by bsperan »

Keuran

• Bay Watcher
  • not made of spiders
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 07, 2010, 07:30:32 pm »

I couldn't finish the mod because reactions are messed up so the entire death school was pretty much screwed without the ability to use bones (and the computer I was using got wiped so I lost the mod). If someone else wants to try making it again once reactions work properly with bodyparts, that would be great.

My idea for poisoned bolts turned out to be a flop, since the bolts would evaporate before they could be placed in the quiver. A poisoned dagger would likely be even more impossible.

nice necro

SolarShado

• Bay Watcher
  • Psi-Blade => Your Back
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 07, 2010, 08:38:14 pm »

i think i've still got a copy of the mod somewhere...
wasn't it uploaded to the DFFD? should still be there afaik

Urist McLaptop

• Bay Watcher
  • dwarven child care=!!SCIENCE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 05, 2013, 02:52:16 pm »

Bump
Legend tells of a fort besieged by a dragon. When 79 brave recruits fell to its breath, the last dwarf of the fort took up arms. He sprung from his sickbed and claimed an adamant one sword before he bulrushes the dragon. A clean swipe severs the head. But the dragon claws him in the lower body and burns him alive. As he melts into a pile of booze and fat, I rename him Ronnie James Dio and change his profession to dragonslayer. He will forever be immortalized and worshipped as a dragonslayer God.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 05, 2013, 11:39:00 pm »

Bump

Why? This mod is older than version .31. The chance of this working in the current version is near zero, and the chance of it being updated is just as low. Try Dwarf Chocolate, Genesis, or Masterwork if you want a magic mod.

Urist McLaptop

• Bay Watcher
  • dwarven child care=!!SCIENCE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 06, 2013, 07:44:24 pm »

Ok thx
Legend tells of a fort besieged by a dragon. When 79 brave recruits fell to its breath, the last dwarf of the fort took up arms. He sprung from his sickbed and claimed an adamant one sword before he bulrushes the dragon. A clean swipe severs the head. But the dragon claws him in the lower body and burns him alive. As he melts into a pile of booze and fat, I rename him Ronnie James Dio and change his profession to dragonslayer. He will forever be immortalized and worshipped as a dragonslayer God.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 07, 2013, 07:49:26 am »

Oh, and regarding my old comment, it is possible to dip weapons in poison now using DFHack. So yeah, if the author showed up, this mod could become 100 times better.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository
Pages: 1 2 [3]