Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: xXClothingXx Reaction Idea.  (Read 2759 times)

CaptApollo12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: xXClothingXx Reaction Idea.
« Reply #15 on: January 05, 2013, 12:31:01 am »

The dwarves would still use the clothing item in their workshop until it is delivered into its output stockpile. I had this problem with using bones with [ANY_BONE_MATERIAL] to make bone blocks. The solution for me was to make a stone called packed bone. I suggest a 2 step process if anything to renew clothes.

Something like

xXpig tail cloakXx ---> soapy pig tail cloak (item that is not clothes) ---> pig tail cloak.
xXrope reed cloakXx ---> soapy roap reed cloak (item that is not clothes) ---> roap reed cloak.
xXleather cloakXx ---> soapy roap reed cloak (item that is not clothes) ---> leather cloak

In a cycle where all dwarves are always wearing only one material of garmet at a time. So when the leather is worn they switch to pig tail etc. This is for the sole reason that you cannot stockpile manage based on how worn a clothing item is.
"MONTARON!  You are so AGGRAVATING!   'Tis disturbing to my demeanor..."

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #16 on: January 05, 2013, 12:34:04 am »

It would be a lot easier if:
xXpig tail cloakXx --->  pig tail thread/cloth.

But this:
This is for the sole reason that you cannot stockpile manage based on how worn a clothing item is.
is exactly the problem we face with this. DFHACK can target them. Vanilla df, unfortunately not. There is no tag for [WORN]
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

CaptApollo12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 05, 2013, 12:59:59 am »

hence why a rotational system may be of value. You still have the problem where masterworks give bad thoughts as well. As it is now whenever a caravan comes I just give them all the XxclothingxX. If you were to make a system of improvement it would need to take in consideration of masterwork items or it would be pretty useless.
"MONTARON!  You are so AGGRAVATING!   'Tis disturbing to my demeanor..."
Pages: 1 [2]