Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Mods with spoilers?  (Read 963 times)

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
Mods with spoilers?
« on: January 04, 2013, 01:21:47 am »

Are there any mods with spoilers, by which I mean intentional things which aren't mentioned by the creator and must be found/encountered by the players alone?
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Pan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mods with spoilers?
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2013, 01:26:50 am »

If you play a mod without viewing it's thread or it's manuals, you're bound to be pleasantly surprised one way or another. I personally found Legend of Forlorn Realms mod to be full of spoiler-ish stuff that the mod creator intentionally didn't talk much about.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2013, 01:31:17 am »

Both Legends of forlorn Realms and Masterwork has those... other mods probably too, in different degrees.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Replica

• Bay Watcher
  • Temp. leave of absence
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2013, 01:39:02 am »

Valkdu's Rampage Edition is one big spoiler.

You get strange castes with odd descriptions about tentacles and bat wings and stuff and have no idea what they are or what they do.
You pretty much have to guess if the unit you are about to attack is a rampaging murderhouse or the lovecraftian equivalent of a fluffy bunny.
Quote from: tahujdt
I don't know about unicorns, but back in .95, one of my PA soldiers was diagnosed with power armor. I drew a fairly good picture about it, but my science project (a bunny) pissed all over it.
Fallout: Equestria - Index of Stable Reports x Fallout: Equestria - Orange

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2013, 05:49:58 am »

LFR's a really good one.

Fortbent has quite a few, but if you don't read Homestuck it'll probably be confusing as hell.

My SCP mod is made up almost entirely of them.

Pan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2013, 08:10:51 am »

Just wondering, Putnam, but is your SCP mod is related to the SCP-Containment horror survival game?

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2013, 12:34:25 pm »

Just wondering, Putnam, but is your SCP mod is related to the SCP-Containment horror survival game?
I believe it's based not off the game, but rather off the same list of wiki stories that the game is based on and can be found here.
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2013, 02:03:50 pm »

I've read that entire wiki and sometimes frequent the chat. Are there spoilers for someone SCP-knowledgable?

And thanks for the answers so far. I'm kind of missing the first time I accidentally dug into the HFS, not knowing it was there, and watching the downfall of my fort play out.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2013, 02:06:44 pm by HugoLuman »
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Bralbaard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2013, 02:09:41 pm »

There's also the creature generator here by Talvieno:

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=119625.0

With this, you can generate random new civs and creatures for each game. Nobody on the forums will be able to post spoilers for that.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 04, 2013, 04:19:55 pm »

I've read that entire wiki and sometimes frequent the chat. Are there spoilers for someone SCP-knowledgable?

Yes there are. The SCPs are there, but you have no way of knowing where. You'll probably know what does what, but you'll have no idea how to find them. For the most part, they'll find you.