Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Skulls aren't body components?  (Read 653 times)

Nathail

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Modder
    • View Profile
Skulls aren't body components?
« on: January 03, 2013, 01:56:37 am »

I've got a little reaction that lets my adventurers make masks out of bones. It works pretty well, except when I added the [USE_BODY_COMPONENT] tag to the bone reagent to prevent making masks out of any bone object, it stopped accepting skulls. To my mind, skull masks make more sense than ones made out of random bones, but masks made out of jewelry don't. Is there any particular way to get it to accept skulls that still keeps random bone objects from being viable?

Here's the reaction in its current form:
Code: [Select]
[REACTION:MAKE_BONE_MASK_ADV]
[NAME:make bone mask]
[ADVENTURE_MODE_ENABLED]
[REAGENT:A:1:TOOL:ITEM_TOOL_SCRAPER:NONE:NONE][PRESERVE_REAGENT]
[REAGENT:B:1:NONE:NONE:NONE:NONE][ANY_BONE_MATERIAL][USE_BODY_COMPONENT]
[PRODUCT:100:1:HELM:ITEM_HELM_MASK:GET_MATERIAL_FROM_REAGENT:B:NONE]
[SKILL:BONECARVE]

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
Re: Skulls aren't body components?
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2013, 04:39:29 am »

No.

Grimlocke

• Bay Watcher
  • *kobold noises*
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2013, 11:55:14 am »

Tried this, wont work. There is no way to specificaly target a 'totemable' bodypart.
There realy should be a reaction tag for this since the craft workshop can allready filter them out, but there isnt one.

Only way right now is to give skulls a seperate material (least it lets you call the masks 'grounhog skull mask' instead of 'groundhog bone mask'). Made skull thrones that way once, good times. Also skull draw bridges. DF gets weird realy easily
I make Grimlocke's History & Realism Mods. Its got poleaxes, sturdy joints and bloomeries. Now compatible with DF Revised!

Nathail

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Modder
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2013, 01:31:15 pm »

I don't need it to only work with skulls, but I'd like to have it work with skulls in addition to generic bones without also accepting earrings and amulets.

Grimlocke

• Bay Watcher
  • *kobold noises*
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2013, 09:23:47 pm »

Hmmmm. Tought one, only way I see then is to remove the TOTEMABLE tag, and still go with the seprate skull material so skulls wont end up on the 'grounhog bone [6]' pile.

Either that or seperate reactions for skulls and bone. If you got a lot of reactions, you could shorten that by making bone and skulls be processed into some intermediate product, like bars or some custom tool.
I make Grimlocke's History & Realism Mods. Its got poleaxes, sturdy joints and bloomeries. Now compatible with DF Revised!