Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Underwater Hunting?  (Read 524 times)

Ganegrei

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Underwater Hunting?
« on: January 09, 2013, 08:25:06 pm »

Hello everyone,

In my newest fort, "Riverbridged,"  there is a big lake with lots of hungry hungry hippos swimming around in it.  My dwarves are all sitting around munching on raw plump helmets while dreaming of nice juicy *Hippo Roasts*

Is there a way to have my hunters/militia reach/slaughter the hippos in a way that will enable them to be hauled to the butcher?

Thanks!

Tirion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Underwater Hunting?
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2013, 08:32:25 pm »

Divert the river, once there is less than 3/7 deep water where the hippos are, they can be retrieved if killed.
"Fools dig for water, corpses, or gold. The earth's real treasure is far deeper."

laularukyrumo

• Bay Watcher
  • Needs More Socks
    • View Profile
Re: Underwater Hunting?
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2013, 08:40:52 pm »

Alternatively, rig the river so that it flows through some fortifications, then spills into a waterfall-like drop, into a pool. Those hippos can get pushed in due to the weird way fortifications and 7/7 water behaves, and then you can close the gateway off, drain the water completely, and slaughter those hippos. Or train them and breed them. Your choice really.
Quote from: Dwarfotaur
Everytime one of my militia has given birth in the Danger Room, it's lead to instant baby smoothies for everyone.

Gotta Catch 'Em All!

Dat Sig Thread