Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Youtube - Any way to view a video's playlist?  (Read 503 times)

Moogie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Youtube - Any way to view a video's playlist?
« on: December 28, 2012, 02:27:45 pm »

I watch a lot of "Let's Play" series on Youtube. Sometimes, I'll pick up where I left off in the middle of a series by going to my View History and clicking the latest video there. Now, I know that this video is part of a playlist. But when I view the video on its own, there appears to be no way to pull up that playlist to continue watching the next one, without going through the long process of: clicking the uploader's name, clicking 'browse videos', clicking 'playlists', scrolling to find the correct playlist, opening the playlist, and then scrolling the playlist until I find the video I was currently at. It's bloody infuriating.

There has to be a shorter way... right?... At the very least, I hope there's some sort of plugin or greasemonkey script I can use to add this functionality.
I once shot a bear in the eye with a bow on the first shot, cut it up, found another one, and shot it in the eye too. The collective pile of meat weighed more than my house.

fqllve

• Bay Watcher
  • (grammar) anarcho-communist
    • View Profile
    • ufowitch
Re: Youtube - Any way to view a video's playlist?
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2012, 12:04:36 am »

I dunno of any plugins or scripts, but what I do is just bookmark my place or just leave the page open until I'm done watching. Alternatively, video URLs in playlists will have a code at the end to the effect of
Code: [Select]
&list=PL###...you can just copy those to a text file saved in a convenient location. Just adding that to the end of any video in that playlist will bring up the playlist bar at the top of the video.

Hope that helps.
You don't use freedom Penguin. First you demand it, then you have it.
No using. That's not what freedom is for.

Moogie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Youtube - Any way to view a video's playlist?
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2012, 03:00:41 pm »

Thanks for the tips. It's frustrating having to do all that. :(
I once shot a bear in the eye with a bow on the first shot, cut it up, found another one, and shot it in the eye too. The collective pile of meat weighed more than my house.