Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]

Author Topic: Fortune Summoner  (Read 11192 times)

Errol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heaven or Hell, Duel 1 -- Let's Rock!
    • View Profile
Re: Fortune Summoner
« Reply #90 on: December 30, 2012, 06:09:03 am »

Well, every single dungeon has something that can and will TPK you, but Harpies are the only enemy where it basically boils down to your luck whether you survive or not.

You won't survive that often.
Girls are currently preparing signature, please wait warmly until it is ready.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: December 30, 2012, 07:59:05 am »

"INCORRECT! TO THE ENTRANCE WITH THEE!"

Arglefargle *incoherent cursing*

Dick move, game. Dick move.

... though amusing. Now I just have to figure out if it's less trouble to actually count the damn statues or just run through the place (at most) three more times. After I go do something else for a little bit.

E: Stella... Stella's maids bounce. Welp, there went my absurdity switch, time to go eat breakfast and take another break.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2012, 08:44:27 am by Frumple »
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: December 31, 2012, 03:55:10 am »

You didn't see the scantily-clad warrior woman at the beginning of the game, did you? Maids should not flip your switch if that girl didn't :P
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: December 31, 2012, 04:19:42 am »

I really should play through this game again. It's been a long time but I think I can still safely posit that a sequel would just be the greatest thing ever.

Oh god I want to go to the Fire Temple so bad. You can stand at like the front door, but you can't go inside, and it's so obvious the world is just so much bigger and there's so much more to explore, so many loose plot ends left untied and so much characterization left undone. I seriously get worked up just thinking about it.

Errol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: December 31, 2012, 06:18:22 am »

Agreed. Hell, there should be more games like this. Fortune Summoners just somehow hit all the right buttons for me. What's more, it has this insane concept, blending so many influences and things - Arche's juggling combos, those dungeons, 2D platforming with Lost-Vikings-esque puzzles, party mechanics and this gorgeous, nostalgic world... and all with this cutesy plot. I'd normally feel repulsed by such an overly sweet storyline, those childish characters, but... Somehow it even adds to it, even with Chiffon giving me Diabetes at times. And the biggest thing: Fortune Summoners makes it work. Somehow, the result is a great game in nearly all aspects, that feels like the greatest game I never played when I was young. That feels like Maple Story, but done right, oh so very right.

My biggest gripes would be most of the bosses being too easy (especially when compared to the stages before them - glorious exception: Wyvern), and MP healing / resurrecting items making the game a bit too easy. Please, Lizsoft, start a kickstarter or something I can throw my money at. Please.

chaoticag

• Bay Watcher
  • All Natural Pengbean
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: December 31, 2012, 07:30:25 am »

The good sales of the game overseas might mean that Lizsoft can start working on the sequel.It all depend on how well the sales go. Hopefully, Carpe Fugler will translate that too.

Errol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: December 31, 2012, 11:17:30 am »

Last thing I heard, that topic was still up in the air. Before the summer sale, I believe, I've read Andrew Dice saying that the sales were not quite good enough to warrant anything more.
It's also another thing entirely whether the guy behind Lizsoft wants to do another Fortune Summoners, or, if he wanted, could make another one that was just as good or even better. He's got a regular job now iirc and it's been quite some time since he originally released the game so... I guess it depends on how much he values his job, how much his employer values him and how much he still cares for what he once started, or if he already has silently buried that and left it behind (or, rather, if he can and wants to dig it up again). I don't think Lizsoft will be in a position to develop such a game full-time, at any rate. I think he's no longer maintaining the original Fortune Summoners (still a few unfixed CtDs around), and might lack the drive.

Tldr I'm not assuming that Lizsoft gets back to work anytime soon... but if he decides to, I'll be surprised very pleasantly.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]