Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Weretortoise Shell  (Read 1191 times)

Kaitlyn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Weretortoise Shell
« on: December 20, 2012, 09:04:15 am »

For my current world I did some raw editing. Namely making EAT_SAPIENT_KILL and EAT_SAPIENT_OTHER acceptable for dwarves.
I was surprised to see a weretortoise (discovered to be human after death) show up alongside a migrant wave. I sent my ten poorly trained but decently equipped swordsdwarves to stop it from killing the horse it was nomming on, and it fell quite easily. Because of my editing I was able to butcher it, and not only did it provide skin, it also provided scales, along with a shell. These items were referred to as Begu Relothrug's shell, Begu Relothrug's lower arm scale, etc.

Regardless, I found this amusing, and put it to the best use I could think of.
Making a ≡weretortoise shell helm≡.
Which is how it appeared; It decided to be less specific for the helmet than for the material itself.
I put this here for the sake of science so that others may know of these grand possibilities.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2012, 02:12:12 pm by Kaitlyn »

esquilax

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Re: Weretortoise Shell
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2012, 12:33:22 pm »

I started doing this a while ago. Now most of my new recruits are initiated by killing a captured goblin, butchering the corpse, and crafting their own shield out of the hide.

Kaitlyn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2012, 01:35:35 pm »

I started doing this a while ago. Now most of my new recruits are initiated by killing a captured goblin, butchering the corpse, and crafting their own shield out of the hide.

Should also have them make their helm out of its bones.

Findulidas

• Bay Watcher
  • [NATURAL_SKILL:OFFTOPIC:5][NOTHOUGHT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2012, 01:55:54 pm »

You are aware that this makes dwarves a bit less prone to start wars with elves right? Elves will still get pissed over wood trades though.
...wonderful memories of the creeping sense of dread...

Kaitlyn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2012, 02:09:39 pm »

You are aware that this makes dwarves a bit less prone to start wars with elves right? Elves will still get pissed over wood trades though.

Indeed, I actually also changed some other Dwarven ethics in the raws to further improve Dwarf-Elf relations; and I have a binless crafts stockpile for trading with elves. I also made humans babysnatchers and thieves so they're hostile along with goblins. Although I left their ethics mostly unchanged otherwise so they're likely at war with everyone.  :-\

Gavakis

• Bay Watcher
  • some loser meme
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2012, 10:00:34 am »

Sigged.  :P

omg_scout

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2012, 11:17:11 am »

Haha I love that, gonna do that too now! But they have to it while naked, wielding only a butchering knife.