Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]

Author Topic: You are Divinity!  (Read 5493 times)

Araph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: You are Divinity!
« Reply #90 on: December 15, 2012, 01:37:58 am »

I'll write one up in the morning.

Sounds good.

The dwarf priest cringed at the sight. Istriti covered the poor fellow with a nearby rotten blanket, and murmured a prayer to the Mountain-Father. Her hoard was gone now...nothing held her back. The stench of black magic hung about his corpse, and she could feel her god poking at her to find it...almost certainly to destroy such foul evil, right? So the Durtiph knelt and uttered a short litany, beseeching her god to give her the strength and ability to follow and overcome this adversary. This was why her powers had been given to her. This is why she was needed. This was just the beginning.

You PMed me details about Istriti's past and nuances, so you're good to go regarding backstories.

Excuse me if this makes me sound like a moron, but are applications open right now? If so, I would like to join:

Lornith Kios, the Charmer (A kind of character I just made up; uses illusions to get foes to fight for him and get his way).
About average height, with bright green eyes. He wears leather robes of multiple colors, such as blue, red, green, cyan, and purple. He carries a staff with a small gem at the top with multiple iridescent lights glowing inside it.

Sorry if my character is a little OP. I will be willing to change a few details, if you want me to.

Having only one image to draw for each update makes this game a little more manageable than my some of my previous ones; you're good to go after you post a backstory!

Don't worry about OPness, too. If he's more powerful than the others, I'll nerf him as necessary.

Hadrian's actions

Odd, I would have expected a Spark to love ranting.

Could you please post a brief backstory before I write the next update?

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: December 15, 2012, 05:28:02 am »

Niteris Lues's childhood was not a happy one, being born to a con-man and a whore. His 'father' left town not long after his mother got pregnant, and she died in childbirth. A child who no one wanted to look after in Morbridge would not last long, but Nit did. He did it by stealing whatever he could get his grubby little hands on, becoming a notorious thief in Morbridge.

On his 14th birthday, not that he knew, Nit left the dump know as Morbridge and became infamous worldwide. However, Nit himself was a nobody, another face in the crowd until that heist with a man named Pedor who betrayed him to the city watch and ran off with the loot. Nit, however, did not live this long by being unable to shake off some lowly guards, and he tracked Pedor down to a city called Rothinea.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2012, 02:11:17 pm by scapheap »
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

flame99

• Bay Watcher
  • Lady Stardust & her songs of darkness and disgrace
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: December 15, 2012, 12:03:42 pm »

Lornith Kios used to be a commoner and an orphan, a simple man in the kingdom of Kolak. However, the king was unjust, punishing the peasants with death for petty mistakes. He found a spell caster they called "The Nightmare", due to his abilities to summon peoples worst fears into being. He studied under him, and when he felt he had the power, he set off to the castle. He charmed one palace guard into believing that his fellow guards were all demons, and his only chance of survival was to murder the man guarding the gatehouse and flee. He proceeded further inside, killing more guards in similar ways. When he reached the final chamber, he forced the mind of two guards that the others were assassins come to kill the king. Once the melee was finished, he turned to the king, who was deathly pale. "Who...who are you!?", he stammered, fear flowing through him. He replied to him, "An official of Death. And sir, your taxes are long over due." With that, he bewitched him to believe that he was choking to death, causing him to stop breathing and slip into death. Now, he has fled to Rothinea, and has taken up a code of honor: He will never harm those that have helped him.

As far as my sphere is, it would be illusions and trickery. For alignment, chaotic good.
It/its, they/them, in order of preference.

Not gay as in happy, queer as in fuck you.

mcclay

• Bay Watcher
  • Gay, Tired and Just here to Vibe
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: December 15, 2012, 12:17:28 pm »

Pardner, there can be only one fear summoning douchebag in this town, and guess which one of us is the God.
Am I back? Its a mystery to everyone

flame99

• Bay Watcher
  • Lady Stardust & her songs of darkness and disgrace
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: December 15, 2012, 12:38:40 pm »

Pardner, there can be only one fear summoning douchebag in this town, and guess which one of us is the God.
Actually, I'm not really "fear-summoning", I can make people see things that force them to do things. For example, when I "summoned" the demons, I didn't cast fear; the demons made him fearful. I could have summoned unicorns instead, but that wouldn't have an effect, except maybe entrance him.
It/its, they/them, in order of preference.

Not gay as in happy, queer as in fuck you.

Dragor23

• Bay Watcher
  • A brazillion of football
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: December 15, 2012, 12:51:56 pm »

Oh man, I can't make up a good back story for Cesare.  :-[

Araph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: December 15, 2012, 01:43:41 pm »

Niteris Lues's childhood was not a happy one, being born to a con-man and a whore. His 'father' left town not long after his mother got pregnant, and she died in childbirth. A child who no one wanted to look after in Morbridge would not last long, but Nit did. He did it by stealing whatever he could get his grubby little hands on, becoming a notorious thief in Morbridge.

On his 14th birthday, not that he knew, Nit left the dump know as Morbridge and became infamous worldwide. However, Nit himself was a nobody, another face in the crowd until that heist with a man named Pedor who_betrayed him to the city watch and ran off with the loot. Nit, however, did not live this long by being unable to shake off some lowly guards, and he tracked Pedor down to a city called Rothinea.

((Is this good?))

Better! Try writing it once more; your main problem seems to be a lack of commas. Remember that there will almost always be a comma before 'but' and before and after 'however'.

Lornith Kios used to be a commoner and an orphan, a simple man in the kingdom of Kolak. However, the king was unjust, punishing the peasants with death for petty mistakes. He found a spell caster they called "The Nightmare", due to his abilities to summon peoples worst fears into being. He studied under him, and, when he felt he had the power, he set off to the castle. He charmed one palace guard into believing that his fellow guards were all demons, and his only chance of survival was to murder the man guarding the gatehouse and flee. He proceeded further inside, killing more guards in similar ways. When he reached the final chamber, he forced the minds of two guards to believe that the others were assassins come to kill the king. Once the melee was finished, he turned to the king, who was deathly pale. "Who...who are you!?", he stammered, fear flowing through him. Lornith replied to him, "An official of Death. And sir, your taxes are long over due." With that, he bewitched him to believe that he was choking, causing him to stop breathing and slip into death. Now, he has fled to Rothinea, and has taken up a code of honor: He will never harm those that have helped him.

As far as my sphere is, it would be illusions and trickery. For alignment, chaotic good.

Looks good; you're in the game.

If you don't rewrite your backstory, odds are there will be only one fear-summoning douchebag in Rothinea. I mean, actually rewrite it, as opposed to implementing corrections to errors I pointed out.

Oh man, I can't make up a good back story for Cesare.  :-[

Of course you can! He seems like the swashbuckling 'live-life-on-the-edge' type. Maybe he had been a soldier or some other martial expert, but he left to live life to it's fullest. Just ask yourself some questions: where is he from? What is he doing in Rothinea? You already know his personality, but what could have influenced it over his lifetime?

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: December 15, 2012, 02:11:00 pm »

((I went and made the changes since it mostly commas(without copy'n'pasting). Not sure how I miss the by in the second to last line(or how it got in since it not in the word document).))
« Last Edit: December 16, 2012, 03:54:09 am by scapheap »
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

Kazymir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: December 16, 2012, 03:37:28 am »

Hadrian Atarkis
Hadrian thought back on his childhood and youth. His discovery in the casing of a clock, left on the doorstep of an unassuming orphanage. His caretaker's constant attempts at discipline, trying to curtail his unquenchable curiosity. His withdrawing into himself in his teens, finding solace in the only equal to his intellect he knew. His incandescent awakening into adulthood, when the raw power inherent in his mind blossomed outward, blasting the asylum he had been placed in into electrified rubble... All told, a fairly unremarkable life, he assumed.
We must not look at Goblin Men
We must not buy their fruits
Who knows upon what soil they've fed
Their hungry, thirsty roots?

jaass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: December 17, 2012, 02:13:15 am »

Lemminkäinen Ahti

Eyes staring back at me, my alter-ego. This being... This monster, destroyed entire villages, laid waste to thousands of families. For what? I don`t know, the only way I found out was when I woke up in the cinders of a village and a stab wound in my lower abdomen. It took weeks to heal but during that time I still had lapses in memory. It was a truly terrifying experience to lose control my own body, the only true possession I have in this world.

With fear as a motivation I started a process to isolate this alternate being, I first started to erect mental walls around it but this failed, combining this technique with magic proved a very short term solution. I eventually found a permanent solution by enchanting a bracelet and a tattoo (chain) in order to permanently bind him inside my own mind. But, while I was trying to find this solution I was being hunted by many people that survived my alternate`s genocide. By the time I finished construction of this enchantment, I was finally tracked down by the numerous posses. I was effectively trapped, my only chance at escaping was jumping off a cliff into the a ocean. I just did that, but while falling everything turned black.

I woke up, on the side of the river bank in a unfamiliar land. Since, then I have just been wondering this land and learning and I never once had a lapse in my memory since then.

But now I reliving this nightmare once again.

Break free of the fear that is trying to consume me

germaina

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: December 17, 2012, 06:21:50 pm »

Bersiano grew up in the wilderness.  His parents lived far from civilization, living off the earth.  As he got older, he began to assist his father in the hunting and trailing of prey, while from his mother learning how to calm livestock and harvest crops.  This lasted for many years.

One day, he decided to go out on his own for a little hunting trip.  His father had gone to the town, assisting in the return of a fugitive.  Bersiano dropped a large deer, and was returning home when he saw the smoke coming from his house.  He dropped his prize and ran, not stopping for even a second until he saw the destruction that occurred. 

His house was charred, and bodies littered the grounds.  Slowly walking up towards the destruction, his worst fears were realized.  Both his parents lay among the dead, pierced by sword and arrows.  A small contingent of soldiers were taking note of the event, and saw as Bersiano began to lose himself a midst the  horror.  The leader of the force came and told him what had transpired.

"Son, we had requested your father's vast tracking experience in search of a bandit that had escaped from our prison.  We followed for days, and we noticed that he had found his old gang.  We continued to follow, noticing that even with the additional bodies we out numbered the gang by a dozen people or more.  After another day, the tracks led to your home, and the bandits were destroying everything they could.  Your mother tried to fight, and managed to take a couple down before succumbing to her wounds.  Your father charged in a rage, and was taken down quickly.  We managed to clean up the leftovers, but a couple may have gotten away.  We are sorry for your loss."
  With that, the guards turned and left.

Bersiano filled with rage, and swore vengeance upon these men.  He immediately began to search for a trail, and once found began to follow.  He traveled for a week, gathering food as he went.  He eventually came upon a camp, and without even a moment to confirm these were the men he was looking for, he cleaned them out.  He darted from cover to cover, firing arrows and moving without confirming the arrows trajectory.

After this incident, he went deep into the wilderness, and avoided human contact for years.  He learned what he could from observation, and eventually immersed himself into the ecosystem.  On occasion, he would show up to individuals who were lost and offer assistance, or terrorize a bandit camp.  He became known as the Wild Ranger, and slipped slowly into legend.

Dragor23

• Bay Watcher
  • A brazillion of football
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: December 20, 2012, 03:00:10 pm »

(CHRISTMAS STRESS, ARRRGGHHH)

Cesare, born in a far away land, was the the third son of a noble house, famous for their diligence, honor and loyality to the king. Not being able to take the heritage of his father, his family decided for him to be an officer of the royal army, to bring his house prestige in this way. Being a rather clever boy and utterly loyal to his father, Cesare was able to get his patent as officer with a magna cum laude, giving him a good position in the army as a Captain of a cavalry regiment.

While he was in duty, a war broke out with a neighboring kingdom, forcing him to take arms and get involved in an actual war, instead of just idling around. Seeing the terrors of war and death, Cesare realized his live could end in seconds and he started thinking about how he leads his life. Should he fear the inevitable? Should he embrace it? Maybe there was no sense in life at all?

He came to the conclusion, that his old life as dutiful officer in the army wouldn't do the trick. He wanted to expierence the life in all it ways, living on the edge, to not regret anything when he finally pass away from the mortal plane.

So he took un-authorized holidays, which some people call desertion, and fleed to Rothinea, which was far enough away from his motherland
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]