Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: I have a dorf who can't use her legs or arms  (Read 5005 times)

MonkeyHead

• Bay Watcher
  • Yma o hyd...
    • View Profile
Re: I have a dorf who can't use her legs or arms
« Reply #30 on: December 19, 2012, 11:33:19 am »

No, no, no. You are all wrong. This dwarf should become the medical training dummy. Injure them in a manner of your own choosing (spiking, dropping, having stuff dropped on them, slight magma dunk, syndromes, whatever), and have your doctors skill up treating her. While in hospital they will also be fed and watered, which is useful seeing as they lack limbs to move and eat with.
This is a blank sig.

Urist McMontros

• Bay Watcher
  • HHNNNNNNNNNNNNNG
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 19, 2012, 12:07:37 pm »

No, no, no. You are all wrong. This dwarf should become the medical training dummy. Injure them in a manner of your own choosing (spiking, dropping, having stuff dropped on them, slight magma dunk, syndromes, whatever), and have your doctors skill up treating her. While in hospital they will also be fed and watered, which is useful seeing as they lack limbs to move and eat with.

Oh god, a LIVING Cadaver.

Di

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 19, 2012, 12:38:04 pm »

"cleanowned" to get rid of cancellation.
"forceequip" to give her at least some dignity
I've had a dwarf like that once, only he had his both arms simply broken and healed eventually. But until he did, assigning him to burrow which didn't contain his socks would prevent the spam, except for the moments when you enable all civilian alert.
Quote from: Creamcorn
Dwarf Fortress: Where you meet the limit of your imagination, moral compass, sanity and CPU processor.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=103080.0 Fix sober vampires!
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=91442.0 Dwarven Cognitive Science

Sutremaine

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:ATROCITY: PERSONAL_MATTER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 19, 2012, 02:33:11 pm »

The most major one, in general, is that in order to teach a skill, a dwarf needs to actually have the relevant equipment. Being unable to equip a weapon, shield or armor(?) means she's unable to teach those skills, and along with dodging, those are the ones I actually want to be taught. She would also probably be unable to teach punching and kicking, although I'm not certain of that one.
In 31.25 I had a migrant hunter who went straight into the melee squad. She eventually passed on her Marksdwarf knowledge.

As for easy modding... I don't know what you'd consider easy, but a syndrome that briefly transforms dwarves into dwarves (or anything, really) will heal all injuries. To apply the syndrome, it may be worth adapting the gnomeblight instructions here. You'll need to let the dwarf transform back before you remove the syndrome from the raws.
I am trying to make chickens lay bees as eggs. So far it only produces a single "Tame Small Creature" when a hen lays bees.
Honestly at the time, I didn't see what could go wrong with crowding 80 military Dwarves into a small room with a necromancer for the purpose of making bacon.
Pages: 1 2 [3]