Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Webbed issue?  (Read 2861 times)

Burnzy503

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Webbed issue?
« on: December 31, 2012, 02:45:24 pm »

On my adventurer, I decided it was time to kick a deity (whom I previously worked for) in the face. An epic battle has now ensued and we've been fighting forever now. The only problem is that at two times now the deity has spit a web. Instead of just being webbed like the 500 other times she's done it, it automatically progresses steps in the combat. All that happens is the people I'm fighting keep announcing themselves and this goes on for minutes. Only to then stop and make me go through the reports of every single attack they've done on me. But I'm unable to do ANYTHING during this. Even get into the esc menu. What the heck?!
Defeating deities and dying to llamas!

Burnzy503

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Webbed issue?
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2012, 03:25:43 pm »

Sorry to double post: Doesn't matter the game crashed and the whole 2 hour fight is gone...
Defeating deities and dying to llamas!

Nathail

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Modder
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2012, 05:26:41 pm »

Being webbed is identical to being knocked unconscious. You cannot perform any actions, and so the game speeds up time until you break free and can continue the fight.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2012, 05:29:33 pm »

Also leaves you defenseless to any attack. so  master dodger can be crit shot in the head if you ended up stuck.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Findulidas

• Bay Watcher
  • [NATURAL_SKILL:OFFTOPIC:5][NOTHOUGHT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2013, 04:21:13 am »

Also leaves you defenseless to any attack. so  master dodger can be crit shot in the head if you ended up stuck.

This is the same as if you where asleep or stunned. Which is why sleeping in the woods can be really dangerous even for the most seasoned veteran adventurer. Indeed Ive lost a large part of my adventurers when I slept out in the dark and goblins or some nasty monster came and killed me.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2013, 06:32:39 am by Findulidas »
...wonderful memories of the creeping sense of dread...