Advanced search  

Author Topic: Party!  (Read 475 times)

Pwnage_Incarnate

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Party!
« on: January 07, 2008, 11:24:00 am »

My Dwarves won't...stop...partying!
It's annoying me, because half of them are thirsty, and they won't build the f***ing well, the traders are here, and the broker is at a party!
This always happens during the first autumn, just as the traders arrive.
I want to know if there is a way to cancel parties, and I don't care how pissed off the Dwarves get...there's work to do!
Wolf cancels Breathe: Interrupted by =Ash Bolt=

Dame de la Licorne

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats? Check. FPS? Uh-oh...
    • View Profile
Re: Party!
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2008, 11:27:00 am »

Have you designated a meeting room (either from a table, cage or a well)?  If so, undesignate it (using the "'f'ree room" option) and the parties will stop.  You can designate a meeting area from the zone (i) menu, and those meeting areas don't generate parties.

[ January 07, 2008: Message edited by: Dame de la Licorne ]

If software was real world, then it'd be something equivalent of hitting a nail with a hammer and having a building collapse on the other side of town.

Don't worry people, sometimes -moments occur

Fenrir

« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2008, 11:27:00 am »

EDIT:
Nevermind.

[ January 07, 2008: Message edited by: Fenrir ]

RogerN

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2008, 11:27:00 am »

Dwarves will only party at designated meeting areas (statue gardens, wells, etc...).  You can immediately cancel the party by removing the room designation.  Select the object from which the room was designated (either a statue, table, or well) and use the (f)ree command to remove the room designation.

Anjey aka PM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2008, 11:29:00 am »

[ January 07, 2008: Message edited by: Anjey aka PM ]

he greatest programming project of all took six days; on the seventh day the programmer rested. We''ve been trying to debug the *&^%$#@ thing ever since. Moral: design before you implement.