Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Improveing Hamlets  (Read 618 times)

mangulwort

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Improveing Hamlets
« on: December 12, 2012, 10:05:45 am »

When ever i am in a hamlet i leave Immediately. Every citizin lives in bare huts and dont DO anything. I expect farmers to work in the feilds in the day but they just stay in huts until they die. Why dont guards patrol? why dont smiths smith? Why isint thre any cool buildings like a statue? why isint there places for herds of cows with fences? Wagons full of hay? It seems more of a hamlet of cavemen then a hamlet of men men! i know it will be difficult but is there a plan in a fututre release for this? Its just so DULL and prevents immersion. Sorry if I sound whiny.  :(

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
Re: Improveing Hamlets
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2012, 11:56:08 am »

You can see many of the upcoming plans on this page. One that touches chiefly on your concerns, Villager/farmer schedules/activities, under the Trader Adventurer Role, has even been on the short-lived list of short term releases. Guards used to exist, and should come back at the latest when Toady gets to some of the Thief Adventurer Role plans, if not earlier, according to the recent DF Talk. Having megaprojects like statues are probably tricky to map out in a fashion that makes them interesting and not just carbon copies of each other, but will probably come in as well. Pastures exist mostly in the small villages, they just aren't fenced.
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

hermes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Improveing Hamlets
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2012, 11:59:18 am »

It's all planned, and will appear some time (like in KOs ninjapost).  In the next release I'm under the impression there may be some ruffians moving around causing trouble.  But I think full NPC scheduling will be further down the line, mainly because fortress mode skills have yet to be fully integrated into adventure mode.  When that happens, you won't be able to move in hamlets for the men men surrounding you.
We can only guess at the longing of the creator. Someone who would need to create one such as you. - A Computer
I've been working on this type of thing...