Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Bloodydagger: Chaos Incarnate!  (Read 1298 times)

Bigbadmonkey

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Bloodydagger: Chaos Incarnate!
« on: December 18, 2013, 09:32:43 pm »

Story

War, war never changes. At the beginning of the second century, the dwarfs face total annihilation. Dark hordes of unimaginable power ravage the land, led by the void dwellers. They are
monsters so fierce that only the strongest heroes could stand up to them. The human and elf kingdoms have already fallen and if nothing is done, the dwarfs will follow. To make matters worse,
the dwarf king has become insane after his wife and children where killed in a void attack. The dwarven generals are doing there best to keep him in check, but there is only so much they can do.
The survival of the dwarfs is very much in doubt.

You and six other dwarf have been selected for a desperate mission. You must establish forward base right in the heart of enemy territory. It will act as a detraction to by time so a army
can be mustered. This will not be easy however, you must not only deal with the hordes of monsters, but also the orders of a mad king. Can you hold off coming darkness, or will you be
consumed by it?

Rules
First of all you need the GEℕESIS Rᶒborℕ mod if you want to play at all.

You better be, because this will be the most 'fun' succession fort you ever played. How you may ask? Let me tell you. Most succession forts start out hard but slowly get easy as time go's on. This
leads to an nearly invincible fort and the only challenge coming from how complicated the fort has become. I want to flip this on its head, I want the game to become harder as the fort becomes
bigger. I will do this with a random mission table. At the start of every turn I will roll some dice and the numbers I roll will correspond to different mission elements on the table. I will then use those
elements to create a mission for you to complete before the end of your turn. They will start out easy, but will get harder over time. You don't need to finish before your turns over,
but you must at least try your best.

Embark!

This is where the fort will be. Now I just need the first overseer. If you want the job, just tell me your dwarfs name, skills, and the skills of the people you want to bring with you. Also tell me the
items you want to bring. Keep in mined, the skills and item limits the game has. You can also sign up for a later turn if you want.           
« Last Edit: December 18, 2013, 09:42:25 pm by Bigbadmonkey »

Bigbadmonkey

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Bloodydagger: Chaos Incarnate!
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2013, 10:09:17 pm »

Turn list

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: December 23, 2013, 06:21:40 pm by Bigbadmonkey »

Getix Kain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Bloodydagger: Chaos Incarnate!
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2013, 05:29:37 am »

Sign me up for a later turn.. I've never embarked so far in a "bad" biome so I don't have any experience in those situation.

But I am wiling to manage a already started fortress :)