Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Splintermind-attributes (dwarf therapist) on linux [SOLVED BITCHES!]  (Read 2857 times)

ShuangXi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Everyone talks about how this fork of DT is so much better.

I'm looking at it at this page http://code.google.com/r/splintermind-attributes/

It shows a download for windows and linux, but after I download and unzip it, it seems windows only (all .exe)

Am I missing something or just looking in the wrong place?  Or is the cake a lie?
« Last Edit: November 02, 2012, 08:02:58 am by ShuangXi »

SpecialCookies

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Splintermind-attributes (dwarf therapist) on linux
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2012, 07:42:34 am »

The cake's existence is directly proportional to your computer literacy.

Though I don't use Linux so I'm not one to help. <_<
We don't really 'need' to survive, now - do we?

ShuangXi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2012, 08:01:11 am »

I got it to work, but it was a bitch, gathering info from many threads.  Here's what I did on Ubuntu 12.04

1) install dependencies (not sure if need all of these... possibly there are others u need too that I already had installed):

$ sudo apt-get install debhelper libqt4-dev build-essential checkinstall mercurial

2) grab it

$ hg clone http://code.google.com/r/splintermind-attributes/

3) cd into the splintermind-attributes folder

4) build it (takes a while)

$ qmake

$ make

$ sudo make install

5)  run it

$ sudo bin/release/DwarfTherapist

6) if you get an error about a log, try this

$ mkdir bin/release/log

That worked for me

One thing that tripped me up is you need to run it from the main folder... if you cd into the release directory and then directly try to run 'DwarfTherapist' you get an error
« Last Edit: April 30, 2013, 10:14:40 am by ShuangXi »

hyperbox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2012, 02:14:34 pm »

I got it to work, but it was a bitch, gathering info from many threads.  Here's what I did on Ubuntu 12.04

1) install dependencies (not sure if need all of these... possibly there are others u need too that I already had installed):

$ sudo apt-get install debhelper libqt4-dev buildessential checkinstall mercurial

2) grab it

$ hg clone http://code.google.com/r/splintermind-attributes/

3) cd into the splintermind-attributes folder

4) build it (takes a while)

$ qmake

$ make

$ sudo make install

5)  run it

$ sudo bin/release/DwarfTherapist

6) if you get an error about a log, try this

$ mkdir bin/release/log

That worked for me

One thing that tripped me up is you need to run it from the main folder... if you cd into the release directory and then directly try to run 'DwarfTherapist' you get an error

Thanks for these instructions, they have helped me make some progress in accomplishing this...
I haven't quite got it working, though. Everything seems to work somewhat well, except when I try to run it it doesn't work because there is no DwarfTherapist file in bin/release/

I noticed some sort of error when I ran make. I apologize for my lack of knowledge about any of this...
Do you think you could offer some guidance?

Code: [Select]
**@**:~/splintermind-attributes$ sudo make install
g++ -c -m64 -pipe -O2 -Wall -W -D_REENTRANT -DQT_WEBKIT -DQT_NO_DEBUG -DQT_SCRIPT_LIB -DQT_GUI_LIB -DQT_NETWORK_LIB -DQT_CORE_LIB -DQT_SHARED -I/usr/share/qt4/mkspecs/linux-g++-64 -I. -I/usr/include/qt4/QtCore -I/usr/include/qt4/QtNetwork -I/usr/include/qt4/QtGui -I/usr/include/qt4/QtScript -I/usr/include/qt4 -Iinc -Iinc/models -Iinc/grid_view -Iinc/docks -Iui -Ithirdparty/qtcolorpicker-2.6 -Ibin/release -Ibin/release -o bin/release/laboroptimizer.o src/laboroptimizer.cpp
In file included from inc/laboroptimizer.h:27:0,
                 from src/laboroptimizer.cpp:35:
inc/dwarf.h:80:18: warning: type qualifiers ignored on function return type [-Wignored-qualifiers]
In file included from src/laboroptimizer.cpp:35:0:
inc/laboroptimizer.h:43:26: warning: type qualifiers ignored on function return type [-Wignored-qualifiers]
inc/laboroptimizer.h:44:30: warning: type qualifiers ignored on function return type [-Wignored-qualifiers]
inc/laboroptimizer.h:45:29: warning: type qualifiers ignored on function return type [-Wignored-qualifiers]
inc/laboroptimizer.h:46:32: warning: type qualifiers ignored on function return type [-Wignored-qualifiers]
inc/laboroptimizer.h:47:35: warning: type qualifiers ignored on function return type [-Wignored-qualifiers]
src/laboroptimizer.cpp: In member function ‘void LaborOptimizer::optimize_labors(QList<Dwarf*>)’:
src/laboroptimizer.cpp:133:5: error: ‘sort’ is not a member of ‘std’
make: *** [bin/release/laboroptimizer.o] Error 1
**@**:~/splintermind-attributes$ sudo bin/release/DwarfTherapist
sudo: bin/release/DwarfTherapist: command not found

hyperbox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Splintermind-attributes (dwarf therapist) on linux [SOLVED BITCHES!]
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2012, 02:26:30 pm »

Talk about power of posting.... I found a/the solution. Here it is in case anyone else runs into this...

I googled about and found this: http://www.planatechsolutions.com/xlpfaq/Q0013.htm

Which, coupled with the error info, led me to open up src/laboroptimizer.cpp and add #include <algorithm> to the includes, so that the includes at the top look like:

Code: [Select]
#include "laboroptimizer.h"
#include "dwarftherapist.h"
#include <algorithm>

I then re-ran qmake/make and that seemed to get me beyond this issue. The basic problem was that this error was preventing compilation from succeeding, hence no DwarfTherapist executable.