Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Dump zone preferences  (Read 650 times)

Seraphim342

• Bay Watcher
  • Magma Cum Laude
    • View Profile
Dump zone preferences
« on: December 01, 2012, 09:12:17 pm »

One thing I think we could really benefit from is to give dump zones preferences, like stockpiles have.  As it is, Dwarves take everything to be dumped to the closest stockpile.  So, if you want all your worn clothing to go in one dump pile and all the weapons and armor you're stripping off of captured goblins to go into another, you have to dump one group separately, wait for them all to be dumped, un-designate the zone, designate a new one, and then dump all the rest.  Fairly time-consuming.  Also, if you use a magma disposal chute for your xXSockXxs and other assorted crap, you can accidentally throw all your presents from goblin christmas down into the magma sea before you realize what you've done if you're not careful.  Even worse, trying to dump all the many severed limbs from your hall of flawless candy disc traps can sometimes result in attacking yourself through dwarven chemical warfare via miasma clouds. 
I like to think that on the other side of the world a human is walking on the beach, notices the water level suddenly drop twenty feet, and whispers "fucking dwarves."

"The cows seem to lose bowel control when launched... I consider this a feature."

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: Dump zone preferences
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2012, 09:19:39 am »

Well, this seems like a good idea, but for the time being minecarts let you do a similar thing.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.