Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Some questions about adventure reactions  (Read 491 times)

McFeel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Some questions about adventure reactions
« on: December 06, 2012, 11:12:51 am »

Hi all,

I'm working in my first mod, and have some problems.

1.- When I use bones as reagent for a craft, all the bones in the stack are used. This is the reagent:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
There are a way for gather bones one by one (like the food) from a butchered animal?

2.- I'm trying to melt glass form sand, but when I have the correct sand in my hands, the reaction don't accept it. This is the reaction:

3.- I have made a reaction for craft gaunlets, but when you craft them, you have two "gaunlets" (that can't be weared), but no one right and another left. This is the reaction:

4.- (and last) I want to make a skull head cover, but I don't know how to define the skull for a reagent. This is the reaction that don't work:

This is what I need for finish my first mod.  I hope that you can help me. Thanks in advance.

Suds Zimmerman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Some questions about adventure reactions
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2012, 04:40:02 pm »

The gauntlets that can be made via reactions can't be worn in adventure mode. It's a limitation of the game itself, and there's no work-arounds to my knowledge.

You can't define skulls as reagents but what I think you could do is make it so that all skulls are made of a certain inorganic and use a body part made of that that as your reagent. You'll need to fiddle around with the body detail plans for that.

Not sure about the rest.
You don't need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows
DORFAMUNDA - NECROMUNDA DF MOD

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2012, 06:08:53 pm »

All bones in a stack being used at the same time is a known glitch like the guantlets.

Your glass product is wrong--it should be ROUGH:NONE:GLASS_CRYSTAL:NONE. You added an extra NONE:NONE to the end.

I'm not sure if the white sand you pick up on the ground is a POWDER_MISC; to make it easier, just make it NONE:NONE:INORGANIC:SAND_WHITE.

McFeel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2012, 06:32:01 pm »

Is a pity that the gaunlets can't be crafted. I have tried the gloves and don't work too. I have tried to define the skull as skeleton, but don't work.

The reaction for the glass don't work too, don't recognize the sand as a reagent. Isn't important, I only wanted to do a glass dagger, and wear a skull in the head (it would be cool :)).

Thanks anyway.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2012, 06:58:24 pm »

Really? NONE:NONE:INORGANIC:SAND_WHITE didn't work?

Also, check your errorlog.

McFeel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2012, 07:35:47 pm »

Don't work, you must add MISC_POWDER, if not the game go to desktop. I use this reaction for have free white sand for testing:
It give you white sand, but in the reaction isn't recognized (using the same code). I have tested with white sand recolected from the world too. Perhaps the sand must be inside a bag, and the bag in your hands?

There aren't errors in the errorlog.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2012, 07:37:35 pm by McFeel »

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2012, 07:42:41 pm »

INORGANIC:SAND_WHITE:NONE should be INORGANIC:SAND_WHITE.

Also, the game does to desktop? Not asking for an item in reagents always worked for me before.

McFeel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2012, 07:58:56 pm »

Don't worry, as I said only was for a dagger, for testing. Is better to made it from metal. The mod have a lot more reactions. The reagent is without the last NONE, and don't work.

Thanks any way.