Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Elven tree-grave  (Read 528 times)

Alu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Elven tree-grave
« on: December 06, 2012, 09:45:48 am »

How about dead elves are put inside the gaps of huge overground tree-roots with flowers n stuff as a grave?
Maybe old, dying elves could do that by themselves.

Most cultures bury their dead, so they won't face the decay and animals won't eat them..
but I think Elves are enough one with nature, so being a full part of the nature cycle, including food for animals would exactly the thing they'd like to be when they die.
"He admired a wonderful Trap lately"

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
Re: Elven tree-grave
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2012, 09:50:13 am »

Elves are immortal, and only die in combat. (At which point they are left on the battlefield to rot, I believe).

It could work, but there's not much point.

GoombaGeek

• Bay Watcher
  • Horrors! Crundles in the caverns!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2012, 09:50:32 am »

And goblins can toss their dead relatives into dark pyramids full of dark magic, or bodies they don't like into the troll pits.

And dwarves can bury their dead in complicated chambers with illogical design, just like they do now!
My wooden badge was delicious.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2012, 05:29:37 pm »

I thought elves ate their dead. Or is that just for their enemies?
I think it would be cool if when an elf dies a tree grows where it was laid to rest. That tree could then contain the "soul" of the elf, sort of like a ghost. Not sure if that would affect gameplay, except for giving elves an actual motivation to protect the trees.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Cobbler89

• Bay Watcher
  • Cobbler cancels celebrate Caesar: mending soles
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2012, 05:38:50 pm »

I think it would be cool if when an elf dies a tree grows where it was laid to rest. That tree could then contain the "soul" of the elf, sort of like a ghost. ...giving elves an actual motivation to protect the trees.
I'm all for that! But if elves only die in battle, there wouldn't be many elf trees without many elf wars. Then again, maybe they never know which trees contain the soul of a slain elf? Or maybe they start too many wars over the whole tree thing, leading to more elves dying and becoming trees, leading to more wars to protect them...
Quote from: Mr S
You've struck embedded links. Praise the data miners!
Quote from: Strong Bad
The magma is seeping under the door.

Quote from: offspring
Quote from: Cobbler89
I have an idea. Let's play a game where you win by being as quiet as possible.
I get it, it's one of those games where losing is fun!
I spend most of your dimension's time outside of your dimension. I can't guarantee followup or followthrough on any comments, ideas, or plans.