Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Stuck on a Fortress battlement  (Read 729 times)

Mdnthrvst

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Stuck on a Fortress battlement
« on: November 30, 2012, 06:36:00 am »

http://i.imgur.com/MeZsV.png

Went to a fortress looking to fill out my party, came up to a battlement, and now I can't get down. I have to use Alt-step to just get onto the hatch, and when I get onto it, I can't press < to get down.
And since it's a fortress wall, no jumping off, I don't think.

Is there anything I can do?
« Last Edit: November 30, 2012, 06:39:52 am by Mdnthrvst »

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
Re: Stuck on a Fortress battlement
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2012, 07:16:48 am »

You have to walk normally on to the hatch from a certain direction, and you'll automatically move downstairs. It's goofy, I know, but that's how it works. Stairways in sewers/dungeons/etc. work like you'd expect, but not hatches in fortresses for some reason.

Also, what tileset are you using? It looks interesting.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2012, 07:18:31 am by itisnotlogical »
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Mdnthrvst

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2012, 07:33:40 am »

I don't really know, it was a pre-packaged installation courtesy of /v/. I think it says on its download page.
http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=4728

Pie Maker

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOES_NOT_MAKE_PIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2012, 10:30:07 am »

Huh...have you tried pressing 's' before attempting to descend? I once had a similiar problem in a necromancer tower until I realised that I couldn't move down because a hostile necromacer was standing right below me. Perhaps an unrecruited soldier just happens to be standing right below the hatch? If that's not it then it's probably a bug.
"W-w-w-w-what do you want?"
"...MORTAL. I COMMAND THEE. BRING ME CHEESE."

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2012, 11:37:43 am »

Walk to the edge of the battlement, Alt+direction into air, press a.  You'll be off, and if you have metal armour you may yet survive. 

You have to walk normally on to the hatch from a certain direction, and you'll automatically move downstairs. It's goofy, I know, but that's how it works. Stairways in sewers/dungeons/etc. work like you'd expect, but not hatches in fortresses for some reason.

Also this.  Go to the top floor if not there and walk to the next decending stair.  It only works from if you are on a stair tile that you would have landed on if you had walked down/up the stairs the whole time.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!
« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2012, 06:16:38 pm »

You may not be able to go down because someone is in the way. Try laying down (s) and going down.