Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]

Author Topic: Black Chicken Studios + Ars Magica + Kickstarter = Awesome  (Read 10837 times)

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Black Chicken Studios + Ars Magica + Kickstarter = Awesome
« Reply #60 on: November 12, 2012, 05:19:05 pm »

That is pretty sad...  seemed like a pretty nice KoDP type game.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: November 12, 2012, 06:49:55 pm »

That is pretty sad...  seemed like a pretty nice KoDP type game.

Honestly it did. It had potential but they severely overestimated how much the Ars Magica title was going to sell the game for them.

The fact that they arn't going to attempt this again except with proper visuals and information only tells me bad things about Black Chicken Studios.

ndkid

• Bay Watcher
  • Player of Games
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: November 13, 2012, 01:05:34 am »

I look at it this way... knowing it won't fund frees me up to pledge $10,000, 'cause, hey, then I can say I pledged $10,000 to a Kickstarter Campaign once. :-)

ConscriptFive

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: November 15, 2012, 03:19:37 am »

I've always had a love/hate relationship with Black Chicken Studios.  Amazing artists, heartfelt writers, ambitious game designers, but awkward DUI developers, and downright shitty businessmen.  This failed Kickstarter pretty much reinforced that.

RPS's pre-release review of Academagia was spot on:
http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2010/08/24/pottering-about-academagia-impressions/
A lovingly crafted Harry Potter sim, full of handmade content with endless amounts of replayablility, that promises to be the first in a series where you can export your character through the series, as if you were going through secondary school each year.
BUT
A murky GUI that includes a combat "dueling" minigame that's overly complicated and not even worth using,
and a $25 game from a new developer with no demo or gameplay video until almost 6 months later.
Speaking of the price, the game has actually been on sale for $20 since October, BUT GOODLUCK FINDING THAT ADVERTISED ON THEIR OWN DAMN WEBPAGE!  Unless you check the developer's signature in the forums, you probably won't even know its on sale until you check out and see a mysterious 4.99 discount.
http://www.academagia.com/admissions.html

I loved the shit out of Academagia, and I'm looking forward to playing the recently released http://www.scheherazadegame.com/, (again, the demo came out late, WTF guys?) but these guys are painfullly inept at business.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: November 17, 2012, 08:00:29 am »

BEHOLD! Here is clearly the reasons you should fund this game as dictated to us by Black Chicken Studios.

■Unique
 ■Creative
 ■Generational
 ■Strategic
 ■Role-Playing
 ■Management
 ■Magical
 ■Character Driven
 ■Authentically Medieval

Yes clearly this game holds the monopoly on all these concepts. Especially the Authentically Medieval aspect. I mean we all read those history books on how Wizards influenced all of Europe right?

ScriptWolf

• Bay Watcher
  • You can't spell slaughter without laughter!
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: November 17, 2012, 08:09:13 am »

buh combat looks fucking awesome ! whyyy whyyy is this not funded T.T

He must be running 3.5 abacuses of RAM

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: November 17, 2012, 04:12:41 pm »

whyyy whyyy is this not funded

Because Black Chicken Studios really doesn't know how to sell their games.

They only released this concept art because the fans said it would be a good idea.

They didn't release anything on this game until people asked them to because they thought the Ars Magica name would sell their game instantly.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]