Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]

Author Topic: War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition PBEM #3  (Read 26143 times)

Anvilfolk

• Bay Watcher
  • Love! <3
    • View Profile
    • Portuguese blacksmithing forum!
Re: War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition PBEM #3
« Reply #90 on: November 26, 2012, 04:19:24 am »

You should create a new topic for this :) Leave a message here so people will know though!

I watched Das Boot a while back, but I don't think it was the 6h version (eesh, 6 hours!). Not sure it was the theatre version either, but it certainly paints what appears to be a fairly realistic interpretation of submarine warfare... mostly waiting, interspersed with moments of sheer terror.

[spoiler]And then there's that young officer guy who is the Nazi officer idealist. He's "funny", and I'm guessing he was quite the character to put up with... [/spoilers]

I don't have any strong feelings about this since I know very little about it, so I will leave it up to the rest of the crew! ;)

Erkki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: November 26, 2012, 06:42:14 am »

Yeah I'll be creating a new AAR but only once we're actually go.

I'll try to make the AAR somewhat more interactive this time, but it still wont be updated live/near live. You'll probably get to have your say in things such as one's station on the ship, torpedo loadout(weapons officer), advice with pursues/interceptions, patrol grids etc. Theres probably room for 4-5 people there, beyond that you'll just hang along and try to survive the ride...  ;)

Erkki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: November 26, 2012, 12:38:23 pm »

Okay, I've downloaded just about every useful mod I could find for SHIII... Time to start the campaign.

No worries yet - in the 1939 start the 2 first patrols, unless the player makes them very long, are before the hostilities begin. Just trying out things...

Anvilfolk

• Bay Watcher
  • Love! <3
    • View Profile
    • Portuguese blacksmithing forum!
« Reply #93 on: November 26, 2012, 03:01:15 pm »

Good to hear!

I have the hardest time getting mods for stuff, figuring out which ones are good and all that. Good thing I've been accompanying IL-2 for a while now... and IL-2 is tame compared to the SH series!
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]