Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: DFHack... do I need to re-run commands everytime I start the game?  (Read 1685 times)

ShuangXi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

See topic.

For example, if I set up workflows, save and quit.  Next time I play the game with dfhack, do I have to re-set up the workflows?

Same goes for other commands (tweak patrol-duty, managing animals, etc).

If so, is there a way around this?

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
Re: DFHack... do I need to re-run commands everytime I start the game?
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2012, 10:45:40 pm »

There's an init file.

ShuangXi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2012, 10:49:42 pm »

There's an init file.

But wouldn't the init file be run when DFHack starts, but before the save game is loaded, thus making the commands not applicable to anything?

walberg

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2012, 12:39:51 pm »

Some of the utilities use some hacks to store their metadata in your save file - autobutcher and workflow are among those. Not all of them, do, though. When you load a save that has such metadata stored, DFHack usually prints some messages about loading the default values, so you can tell which things are preserved. I usually also set up a script that has the extra commands I need so the first thing I do after loading up is "script dhinit" to make sure all the stuff that doesn't preserve metadata is set up right as well as possibly setting some things back to defaults that might have been tweaked during the last run - e.g. I usually have my autobutcher set to leave 1 male and 5 female turkeys, but I occasionally find a need to temporarily tweak that during a game, and the tweaks get saved, so when I reload I set it back to default.

ShuangXi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2012, 10:43:39 pm »