Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Civilized monster adventures?  (Read 1538 times)

Funslayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Civilized monster adventures?
« on: November 26, 2012, 04:51:25 pm »

I have heard of people altering the game to play as monster outsiders, but outsiders only spawn with a crappy spear, dagger, and no backpack. I tried making a civ in entity_default with the settings for spawning with a backpack and decent weapons, and i put adventure_tier at like 12 but nothing happens. If any of you could provide some modding knowledge, it would be extremely helpful. Thanks.
EDIT: Also, i put the civ entry above dwarves if that helps.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2012, 04:53:03 pm by Funslayer »

Argonnek

• Bay Watcher
  • Surging Forward
    • View Profile
Re: Civilized monster adventures?
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2012, 12:30:31 am »

I think the adventure tier tag only changes how much adventuring gets done  by members of that civ in worldgen. Also, could you post the exact raws you used for their civ? That might help to see if there's anything wrong.

Also, there are mods to be found in the modding subforum - like Wanderer's Friend - that add crafting beyond simple sharpened rocks.

And thirdly (and you'll probably see this a lot): Modding questions will be more expediently - and accurately - answered in the modding subforum. It's best to ask them there.

Maynot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2012, 01:33:30 am »

In the creature file add the tag [EQUIPS].  If the monster has an active civ, you will start off with some standard equipment.  You will likely have to mod the entity_default file as well to create the civ.  It would not hurt to add Permitted Reaction tags and weapon/armor tags for this new monster civ.  Outsiders will always have only a spear and dagger.
I play games of games inside games in my head.

Funslayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2012, 08:17:31 am »

If it helps at all the creature is a gnome, and i tried putting [EQUIPS] and modding entity_default and making a new civ, but the problem is that ADVENTURE_TIER won't make the race playable in adventure mode.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2012, 09:28:30 am »

Tier has, iirc got to be chronological.  So, if gobs, hums, elve, and dwarves are all adventurers, than the next civ that is would have to be tier 5.  Or 6, if you modded the kobolds.

If a creature has no graspy parts, it cannpt use a weapon or wrestle.  Even the kind plays a part.  A a hand can do more than a mouth, and a mouth can do things the upper arm cannot.  I hear stories of giant scorpions using crossbows they wrested from poor dwarves to arrow spam them.  Not that they'd need to, they have that awesome stinger.

If the race is not sentient, than your options will be limited as well.  Gibberish, too.  Ask in modding.  Move the thread to modding section.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2012, 11:48:59 pm »

Tier has, iirc got to be chronological.  So, if gobs, hums, elve, and dwarves are all adventurers, than the next civ that is would have to be tier 5.  Or 6, if you modded the kobolds.

No. I have my tiers in Fortbent at 413, 612 and 1025 and it works perfectly well.

I think the adventure tier tag only changes how much adventuring gets done  by members of that civ in worldgen. Also, could you post the exact raws you used for their civ? That might help to see if there's anything wrong.

Nope, less than that, even. It changes the position on the list of creatures you can adventure as when starting adventure mode.

Your best bet, TC, is to make a reaction that lets you make a backpack and decent weapons.