Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Necromancer Traders?  (Read 2287 times)

AutomataKittay

• Bay Watcher
  • Grinding gears
    • View Profile
Re: Necromancer Traders?
« Reply #15 on: November 14, 2012, 06:06:28 am »

Can I do that while there are zombies literally walking around everywhere? Wouldn't they scare off anyone trying to lay traps? Also, my dwarves won't pull the levers to raise the bridges... why won't they pull the levers? Dear god why aren't they pulling the levers? There's a dwarf taking a break right in front of them too, he'd save the whole damn fort if he just took the time to pull them.

They'll get scared away, and well, I suppose you found out how lazy dwarves are too and why everyone put levers in safe rooms that's also meeting area :D

Anathema

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Necromancer Traders?
« Reply #16 on: November 14, 2012, 03:42:36 pm »

why won't they pull the levers? Dear god why aren't they pulling the levers?

Yup, DF in a nutshell.

Seriously, though, conscript some military and kill any zombies inside your fort, then you can safely get about your civilian tasks such as laying traps. Remember necromancers need line of sight to raise zombies, so unless there are any necromancers inside your fortress, you can kill the zombies and they won't get back up. If there are any necromancers inside the fort, well, hopefully your military will stumble across them while zombie killing.

As for the lever, check to see if the 'pull the lever' command is still there, and see if it has a red 'S' (suspended) next to it. The dwarf who was going to pull it may have cancelled or suspended the job due to zombie interruption - if so, unsuspend or redo the 'pull the lever' command. If there's a green 'A' next to 'pull the lever' it means that a dwarf is on the way to do it, he just hasn't gotten there yet.
The good news is that ghosts die of old age.
Pages: 1 [2]