Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: No friends for warriors! Why?  (Read 1693 times)

Bigheaded

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: No friends for warriors! Why?
« Reply #15 on: November 11, 2012, 08:15:00 am »

if they have a consistent training partner, they will become friends with them.

I had two "lover" legendary swordsdwarves in one fortress.

I don't really see the problem of them just getting it on in their squads :P
Dear Urist McStockpileDrone
I just found a barrel which contained a wheelbarrow. Inside the wheelbarrow was another barrel. I don't even understand how that is possible.

loose nut

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 11, 2012, 01:35:10 pm »

To make friends, they have to be social and thusly off-duty, which means they can't do their job and make friends at same time. It's been that way since before I started with 40d.

Not exactly; in .40d all the military dwarves (especially hand-to=hand warriors) become best friends almost instantly. With the subsequent system, no, they don't make friends at all.

I would like to see dwarves that have been in the same battles form friendship bonds - especially if they save each other's lives during the course of a fight.

katana

• Bay Watcher
  • EVERY TIME I POST PEOPLE RUN AWAY
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 11, 2012, 02:43:32 pm »

To make friends, they have to be social and thusly off-duty, which means they can't do their job and make friends at same time. It's been that way since before I started with 40d.

Not exactly; in .40d all the military dwarves (especially hand-to=hand warriors) become best friends almost instantly. With the subsequent system, no, they don't make friends at all.

I would like to see dwarves that have been in the same battles form friendship bonds - especially if they save each other's lives during the course of a fight.

How does saving someone else's life even work in dwarf fortress?
AND IF THIS FAILS MY IDENTICAL TWIN BROTHER WHO WILL APPEAR IN THE MIGRANT WAVE THAT ARRIVES AFTER MY DEMISE WILL REPLACE ME.
(Tldr: THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS FRIENDLY FIRE SALT)

AutomataKittay

• Bay Watcher
  • Grinding gears
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 11, 2012, 02:46:40 pm »

A good shower and a doctor that remembers the soap :D

Maybe someday when the AI's more advanced than ants with sock and metal obsession :D

katana

• Bay Watcher
  • EVERY TIME I POST PEOPLE RUN AWAY
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 11, 2012, 02:49:09 pm »

A good shower and a doctor that remembers the soap :D

Maybe someday when the AI's more advanced than ants with sock and metal obsession :D
That implies that dwarves are more advanced than ants with sock and metal obsessions D:
AND IF THIS FAILS MY IDENTICAL TWIN BROTHER WHO WILL APPEAR IN THE MIGRANT WAVE THAT ARRIVES AFTER MY DEMISE WILL REPLACE ME.
(Tldr: THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS FRIENDLY FIRE SALT)

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 11, 2012, 03:05:51 pm »

Kids tend to be freinds with tons of soldiers if their mother or father is a soldier, so it seems that they can in fact socialize while on duty, just not with squadmates (I run lifetime militaries and usually thier friends were made prior to conscription or are all kids.) A factor to that is typically the barracks is seperated from the main social points, so only kids following thier parents will ever talk to them at the training grounds.

I feel I must expieriment now.
Pages: 1 [2]