Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: My Baroness is angry for an unknown reason.  (Read 1595 times)

AutomataKittay

• Bay Watcher
  • Grinding gears
    • View Profile
Re: My Baroness is angry for an unknown reason.
« Reply #15 on: November 12, 2012, 03:44:03 am »

Don't change their rooms physically.  Go back into all those royal bedrooms and dial back the size associated with the 3 room defining items...  Throne, Bed, Table.  This will fix things, without ever having to really fix things.  Its based on size of associated with those three items, not items or item values.

They will tell you when they want a specific item.
Where are you getting your information?

I think the poster meant to say changing size of room designations can help fix the too valuable room issues by not covering some parts of the room ( probably engraving, those are pretty valuable due to 10x decoration, though I never uses it ). Smaller rooms are less valuable because they don't have as much things included, by floor and wall value.

However the declaration of it not being associated with value of things included is bullshit, the designation size idea's valid, but the assumpations behind it are not.

Noble screen will tell you their specification and what they want in their space :D

XXSockXX

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 12, 2012, 09:43:32 am »

It's not about what furniture they want or need, because it's about royal bedrooms owned by normal dwarves.
I did not resize the rooms because I wanted the dwarves to own furniture.
As I said the only nobles that can get these thoughts are baron/count/duke and the monarch, so it's not a problem if a dwarf has a better bedroom than say the mayor.

knutor

• Bay Watcher
  • ..to hear the lamentation of the elves!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 12, 2012, 03:49:08 pm »

Your all right. 

http://dwarffortresswiki.org/index.php/DF2012:Noble

He needs to only dial back or resize the Beds; it appears by his screenie, that it's the only jealous generating room in the picture of the thoughts, isn't it? 

@XXSockXX They can still own the furniture, just dial down the area some to prevent falling into the Royal category.  Says also that their is a magnifier for unhappy thoughts.. Hope this noble doesn't Tire Easily.  That could be why the thought is utter annoyance, and not a minor annoyance.  Screenie is too small to tell nobles attributes.  *scream*
"I don't often drink Mead, but when I do... I prefer Dee Eef's.  -The most interesting Dwarf in the World.  Stay thirsty, my friend.
Shark Dentistry, looking in the Raws.

greycat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 12, 2012, 06:51:43 pm »

As I recall from when I examined the code behind this specific thought, it compares the noble's most valuable room to rooms belonging to all "less important" dwarves (i.e. nobles a higher PRECEDENCE value) and ensures that they are all less valuable. Note, however, that the value comparison is by tier, not exact, so if your baroness has a Great Bedroom, she will be unhappy if anybody else (aside from the King) has anything better than Fine Quarters.

As much as I appreciate the enthusiasm of the other responders, I'm inclined to believe Quietust's answers because he has a Legendary understanding of this game.  So, I'm quoting his answer here on page 2 where hopefully people will see it.
Hell, if nobody's suffocated because of it, it hardly counts as a bug! -- StLeibowitz
Pages: 1 [2]