Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: How to simplify wood?  (Read 448 times)

Fireborn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
How to simplify wood?
« on: November 10, 2012, 02:29:53 pm »

After playing around with Masterwork, I enjoyed quite a few of the simplifications... but not much of the added content.  [Specifically mines and golems still showing up with everything turned off.]

I've been poking around in the raws trying to find how they simplified the wood, but not having much luck.

I basically wanted to import it into my standard raw changes.

Edit: Derp, found it.
[TREE:LOCAL_PLANT_MAT:WOOD] is changed to [TREE:PLANT_MAT:ROUGH:WOOD]

This should speed up finding dependant changes as well...
« Last Edit: November 10, 2012, 02:37:16 pm by Fireborn »

Bigheaded

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: How to simplify wood?
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2012, 03:32:11 pm »

well if it's all turned off, i can't imagine it having a problem if you simply just removed mines/golems from the raws.
Suppose you need to remove anything which helps make both of those also, possibly simpler than restarting from scratch and trying to re-add all you that did like.
Dear Urist McStockpileDrone
I just found a barrel which contained a wheelbarrow. Inside the wheelbarrow was another barrel. I don't even understand how that is possible.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2012, 04:06:48 pm »

Note that you'll have to copy over the "rough" plant to get it to work.

Fireborn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2012, 04:38:08 pm »

well if it's all turned off, i can't imagine it having a problem if you simply just removed mines/golems from the raws.
Suppose you need to remove anything which helps make both of those also, possibly simpler than restarting from scratch and trying to re-add all you that did like.
Perhaps, but with everything turned off, I note a lack of many vanilla creatures.  So, eh.  Besides, the more I tinker with the raws, the fewer questions I have to ask if I want to make something from scratch later on.

Note that you'll have to copy over the "rough" plant to get it to work.
Indeed.  Found that, and copied it over.  As well as the "advanced" forms, and the reactions for them.  Wouldn't know, off hand, the [BUILDING:_] for Carpenter's?  Tried CARPENTER, CARPENTERS_WORKSHOP and CARPENTERS, none seemed to work.

Right now, I've imported the Timberyard as well...  although cut down.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2012, 05:20:16 pm »

All usable buildings can be found at the reaction article on the wiki. The carpenters workshop is not one of them, I'm pretty sure.

AutomataKittay

• Bay Watcher
  • Grinding gears
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2012, 05:31:14 pm »

All usable buildings can be found at the reaction article on the wiki. The carpenters workshop is not one of them, I'm pretty sure.
http://dwarffortresswiki.org/index.php/Reaction#Building
I looked, it's not there so you're right.

Not all building's been put up to the raw and reactions just yet, it'll happen someday, though.