Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: things like minecarts and screw pump in object testing arena  (Read 1134 times)

dancing kobold

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
things like minecarts and screw pump in object testing arena
« on: November 07, 2012, 12:14:50 pm »

one thing that have bothered me for some time now is why we are can't add buildings in the arena.

for example having minecarts in the arena could be useful if you do not fully understand how they work and want to test a design first or just have them as obstacles in fights.

myself i don't really any reason why not to add these things. what do you guys think?

Jellycat12

• Bay Watcher
  • My destiny is a giant ROCK!?
    • View Profile
Re: things like minecarts and screw pump in object testing arena
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2012, 12:16:17 pm »

I agree. It's a very good idea.
)( Pisces and proud of it. )(
Just so you know, I'm a girl.
Songs of the Strawberry Trees~My suggestion game!

AutomataKittay

• Bay Watcher
  • Grinding gears
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2012, 12:19:36 pm »

Would be neat an extra category of thing to plant into the arena, or really all of abilities of fortress and adventure mode on top of the arena tools for spawning things :D

Trif

• Bay Watcher
  • the Not-Quite-So-Great-as-Toady One
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2012, 01:05:40 pm »

Minecarts are in the arena.
Screw pumps or other buildings aren't really needed, though. They aren't moddable, and figuring out how to use them is part of the learning experience in fortress mode.
Quote from: Toady One
I wonder if the game has become odd.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2012, 09:05:18 pm »

Adding minecart tracks, traps, and stuff like that would be great. Not sure why screw pumps are mentioned, though...
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

AutomataKittay

• Bay Watcher
  • Grinding gears
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2012, 04:15:28 am »

Adding minecart tracks, traps, and stuff like that would be great. Not sure why screw pumps are mentioned, though...

I'd sometimes like to be able to design and build a model of sort to test some ideas before putting it into my fort, or just to see if it works the way I expects it to. I don't mind doing a throwaway embarks, but it'd be nice to do it much faster in arena with less sloppy leftovers.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2012, 08:06:46 pm »

Ah, I see. Makes sense.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.