Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: A picture's worth a thousand words (Take 2!)  (Read 6375 times)

Cthulufaic

• Bay Watcher
  • whats a touhou
    • View Profile
Re: A picture's worth a thousand words (Take 2!)
« Reply #45 on: November 06, 2012, 02:49:41 pm »

Your main way of importing lots of goods is by selling the traders beer from your 3 stills, and you also have an underground Merman-farmer.

You may also be pumping water up from the cavers or up to a tower to make a gigantic waterfall.

Mr. Palau

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: November 07, 2012, 12:08:05 am »

You grow food and catch fish from an under ground river to prepare meals which you then export to make some $$$.

You also have sizeable beer reserves, like any sane player.

You have exported food recently, which is why your food stores are low (specifically, the other subtype).
you can't just go up to people and get laid.

Gizogin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EVIL][RAWMANCER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: November 08, 2012, 12:16:47 pm »

I haven't exported any food, ever.  I don't make prepared meals.

Quote from: franti
"Let's expose our military to zombie-dust so they can't feel pain. They don't NEED skin."
Quote from: Ipwnurmom221
One FB post. Many dick jokes. Pokemon. !!VOLCANO!!. Dwarven mood thingee. Derailment itself. Girlinhat's hat. Cuba. Karl Marx. This is why i love Bay12 forums.
The rest of my sig.
Fear the fluffballs

GoombaGeek

• Bay Watcher
  • Horrors! Crundles in the caverns!
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: November 08, 2012, 01:52:02 pm »

MR KORBASCURIST CAST DOWN THIS +MICROCLINE BLOCK WAAAAAAAALL+
My wooden badge was delicious.

Jellycat12

• Bay Watcher
  • My destiny is a giant ROCK!?
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: November 08, 2012, 02:22:34 pm »

You have an outdoor pasture and/or a place for dwarves to not get cave adaption.
)( Pisces and proud of it. )(
Just so you know, I'm a girl.
Songs of the Strawberry Trees~My suggestion game!

Gizogin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EVIL][RAWMANCER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: November 09, 2012, 02:34:33 pm »

Quote from: franti
"Let's expose our military to zombie-dust so they can't feel pain. They don't NEED skin."
Quote from: Ipwnurmom221
One FB post. Many dick jokes. Pokemon. !!VOLCANO!!. Dwarven mood thingee. Derailment itself. Girlinhat's hat. Cuba. Karl Marx. This is why i love Bay12 forums.
The rest of my sig.
Fear the fluffballs

AutomataKittay

• Bay Watcher
  • Grinding gears
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: November 09, 2012, 02:53:30 pm »

That's a lot smaller than I expected with what wealth you have and length of gameplay. Which either implies fairly low pop cap, or recent tantrum spiral. I'd guess tantrum spiral, but it's more likely init set to low pop and birth rate.

Your military's still in development with recruits, defense are mostly focused on traps, but recently had issues, or are expecting some that you needed to get extra hands in. Expecting goblin sieges or FB incoming with the wealth that's around, if invasion's enabled.

A lot of miner, that means fairly large strip-mining project, and a lot of woodworkers, implies tree farm somewhere or major wood industry. Alternatively, large amount of miner means you've been training miners as soldiers. Lack of metalsmiths implies that you have very small metal industry, or is relying on imported equipments. Though tantrum spiral recently could take out them.

There're a lot of craftsdwarves, which might mean that you have fairly healthy industry based around cloth, leather or bone, or any combination of those three. There're more admins than what I'm used to, which means that you have some archirects or doctors trained up or you've trained multiple dwarves in some noble skills.

I would say having a lot of woodcutters and a few recruits speaks of danger room being avaliable but not put into use yet, however that's the least reliable thing to assume due to playing styles.

Of course, half of what I says could be moot if most of those came in migrant waves and are just being put to hauling work :D
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]