Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Armour Stockpile Question.  (Read 441 times)

Jebster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Armour Stockpile Question.
« on: November 07, 2012, 06:14:14 am »

Hey guys,

I've been playing DF for a while now but i recently tried splitting my stockpiles for better control over what goes where etc.

This seems to be working fine but i recently tried to make an armour stockpile for general non-masterwork armour but the dwarves would not move my armour there, What exact setting do i need to activate?

I was using:-
Armour/leggings/gauntlets/etc
Iron as material
All Qualities.

I don't have any masterwork armour yet so I'm not as bothered about splitting them up, the fortress isnt even 3 months old yet.

If you have any ideas just lemme know :).

Thanks,

Jebster.

AutomataKittay

• Bay Watcher
  • Grinding gears
    • View Profile
Re: Armour Stockpile Question.
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2012, 06:18:24 am »

You need both quality setting to be similar, you probably unset one of them and dwarves thinks that it don't need anything.

If it's not that, I've no idea, outside of it being unpathable, or you having a binned armor stockpile that have the kind of armor you want enabled. Just turn off iron on them if that's in the case!

Jebster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2012, 06:28:50 am »

That'll probably be it tbh, i think i turned off the item quality but left core quality on, ill give that a go next time im on.

I don't have another stockpile so it will probably be the above.

Thanks!

Jebster.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2012, 06:50:23 am »

Or, specific for armor and weapon stockpiles, there's two extra settings: usable and unusable. Make sure the appropriate one is checked.
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479