Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: question on if this strategy will work on clowns  (Read 633 times)

ThurisLord

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:REFUSE_TO_EAT_CHOCOLATE:SHUN]
    • View Profile
question on if this strategy will work on clowns
« on: November 06, 2012, 08:46:27 am »

I plan to purposly breach candyland for the purpose of:
A: revealing all the candy on my site, and
B: know where the hollow part of the pillars are to mine all the safe candy without worrying about releasing clowns.
 Will forbiding all nether caps but 1 that is near the pillar and having the nearest dwarf make a wall of it as a plug stop the clowns from getting out?
[MILL_CHILD:ONLY_IF_GOOD_REASON] ...

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Programmer
    • View Profile
Re: question on if this strategy will work on clowns
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2012, 09:13:56 am »

If you can get a dwarf to place a construction of any sort in the way of the demons, then yes, this will work.  Floors and walls are currently indestructible.
Through pain, I find wisdom.

TKGP

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2012, 09:21:51 am »

Yes. Moreover you don't need to bother forbidding everything else, when you select the material to build the wall with it will allocate the closest one. The more pressing issue would be getting the dwarf to actually build the thing rather than running off for a drink. Burrows might prove useful.
Quote from: tomio175
Quote from: Mrhappyface
Well if COD players all have ADHD, and Minecrafters autism, then what do DF players all have?
Cave adaption.

katana

• Bay Watcher
  • EVERY TIME I POST PEOPLE RUN AWAY
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2012, 10:14:01 am »

If you wanted, you could use a piece of ash to make the wall. Once something's a construction, its material only affects the color.
AND IF THIS FAILS MY IDENTICAL TWIN BROTHER WHO WILL APPEAR IN THE MIGRANT WAVE THAT ARRIVES AFTER MY DEMISE WILL REPLACE ME.
(Tldr: THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS FRIENDLY FIRE SALT)

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2012, 10:16:20 am »

Rather then actually digging just smooth the wall and then carve a fortification. If there isn't a whole on the other side then you can dig out the fortification to get the adamantine with no problems. Then repeat on the next block of the spire. If you do happen to breach hell, the fortification will keep them trapped with the exception of fireballs and deadly dust being sprayed through the fortification, so you should be relatively safe.
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.