Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: A small piece of info just changed my life.  (Read 6777 times)

Bigheaded

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: A small piece of info just changed my life.
« Reply #30 on: November 06, 2012, 06:07:55 pm »

How easy it is to change raws (my outside world is getting VERY interesting, if you thought bronze collosus could be a challenge, you should try fighting raverns with "likes_fight" all the stats of a bronze colloses and the fact they spawn frequently, in bunches.
Certainly different to boring old undead everywhere, that's just lame.

In the embark screen, you can view the dwarves before setting their skills, so if you notice one with high speed and strength, could be a good dwarf for military, if high creativity, good for carpentry etc.
Mostly useful to make sure i don't get retards in my starting military :P

Thanks for info on multiple orders in squad!
Dear Urist McStockpileDrone
I just found a barrel which contained a wheelbarrow. Inside the wheelbarrow was another barrel. I don't even understand how that is possible.

I am Leo

• Bay Watcher
  • Ia ia Oggez Rashaz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 07, 2012, 09:26:12 am »

In the embark screen, you can view the dwarves before setting their skills, so if you notice one with high speed and strength, could be a good dwarf for military, if high creativity, good for carpentry etc.

This nugget of information doesn't seem to have reached the wiki. Do go on.

Captain Willy

• Bay Watcher
  • I like rum.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 07, 2012, 03:20:51 pm »

This nugget of information doesn't seem to have reached the wiki. Do go on.

It has been years since I ate nuggets.

JimDale

• Bay Watcher
  • Not actually at all
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 07, 2012, 03:22:09 pm »

When I first learned how to put bins and barrels in stockpiles, after somehow missing that option for a few months.

Xheia

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 07, 2012, 05:40:10 pm »

For some reason I always forget that I can make windmills to provide power, and it's not just waterwheels and rivers. I'm going to make a mist generator now...

See also the "Facepalm" thread. For example, the fact that you don't need to make floors and walls a tile at a time is the OP's post.

Tally

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 07, 2012, 06:02:27 pm »

For some reason I always forget that I can make windmills to provide power, and it's not just waterwheels and rivers. I'm going to make a mist generator now...

See also the "Facepalm" thread. For example, the fact that you don't need to make floors and walls a tile at a time is the OP's post.

Although in my experience, if you schedule a lot of walls to be built at the same time, you get a lot of 'creature occupying tile' job cancellations because they're standing in the square they want to build in. Somehow, you have to actually remove the building designation and reassign it to get it to work after that.

Drawde

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 08, 2012, 08:02:45 am »

My most recent one was figuring out how minecarts work.  Automatic quantum stockpiling my food and drink, and dumping of refuse into a atom smasher REALLY helps.

It's so helpful that I've been wondering how long Toady will allow it to work though   :(

Uggh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 08, 2012, 10:39:56 am »

You can even view them in DT during embark.
Pages: 1 2 [3]